• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Saludos desde Mexico (Greetings from Mexico)

O-Matter

Oakley Beginner
Hello everybody, It's an honor to be a part of this huge O-community which is full of interesting experiences and great tips relating oakleys.

I've been a fan of oakleys since I saw the X-men movie where the Juliets appeared, so I decided I want those glasses so badly. However by that time I was just a small kid and the glasses were so expensive for me, so I couldn't get a pair.

Later when I started the university, I had a chance to buy the square wire fire iridium polarized (my first oakleys :p) because I needed prescription lenses and my local optic store said they could adapt the lenses to the frame, so I had a prescription lenses with the square wire, which were outstanding!
I recall wanting to buy the Juliets, but the optician said they were unable to do prescription lenses for that frame due to the curvature, so I looked the square wire and fall in love with them and wear them every day for almost 3 years until I had corrective eye surgery and had no need for prescription anymore, so I changed back the fire lenses and started to use them like they meant to be.

However, some time later I had to sold the square wires (in a very pristine condition) because I needed money.
Then later, I finally had the chance to buy my first X-metal which was the pennys, but I couldn't get the X-Metal frame, so I bought the titanium frame and separately bought the ruby lenses and attached it. They were more than outstanding, very few people had Oakleys in Mexico by that time, but having a Ruby lenses were even more rare, so I Iiked my Oakleys a lot.

Unfortunately I had to sold them some time ago (7-8 years), because again, I needed money. And there was a time that I regret of doing it because by that time, they were out of production and started to become a collectors item, and the price started to elevate year after year.

So, this year, with a formal job (I'm a 3d Artist) I finally had the chance to buy again the pennys (titanium ice), and later bought the X-metal Juliets. from some guy in the UK through E-bay.
But yesterday I bought my third Oakleys, another Juliet X-metal, which I intend to tune up due to some minor scratches from the original owner.

But now I'm looking to buy some replacement parts (screws) because one of the original screws got stripped and also, I want to buy some lenses for my Juliets because both are dark (would like to buy infinite heros but they are so frigging expensive!)

PS. Forgot to mention that I own a Fuell Cell Ducatis, love the red icon on the sides :p

That has been a long journey for you for the love of Oakley. You are among friends now and you'll soon realize that your love for the O will just grow here. Welcome to the Oakley Forum! :welcome:

Wellcome to The Forum, enjoy of this fantastic comunity, this is your site.

Bienvenido a este foro, disfruta de esta fantástica comunidad, este es tu sitio.

:welcome::lolsign:

bienvenidos, viejon......

mi familia vive en Monterrey y Veracruz....

ya tengo mas de 5 anos de no ir a Mexico por como esta la cosa bien fea.....

welcome, from Houston.....

Back