• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Samuel Jackson Oakley Thumps?

time2fly

Oakley Beginner
Came across these "Samuel Jackson Special Edition Oakley Thumps" on eBay and have no clue what to make of them. I've never heard of them, but maybe some of the experts here have:

Oakley Thump Special Edition Samuel Jackson Polished Black with Guitar | eBay

The description says "This auction is for a pair of sunglasses featuring the movie Black Snake Moan, starring Samuel Jackson. These were purchased from a previous director of marketing at Oakley." Lister goes on to say there may be 1 to 100 of these, and have "Black Snake Moan" etched in the lens.

Anyone have details on these?!

I think they were made for cast and crew. I had an offer to buy one years ago for $200 and passed on it. I don't regret passing. It's not all that great IMHO.

That thing has been on eBay for the longest time. No one is dumb enough to bite on it.

I think they were made for cast and crew. I had an offer to buy one years ago for $200 and passed on it. I don't regret passing. It's not all that great IMHO.

Yeah, wasn't sure what was special about them. They look like plane old Oakleys besides the etching. Obviously without any documents or a box to confirm that it was associated with the movie or actually that rare, it's just overpriced!

Also even though I sorta liked the movie, it wasn't a blockbuster or anything. Maybe the Juliets they used in Blackhawk Down or something might be worth that kind of cash.

Back