• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Saved a Minute Machine from the Parts Bin

Ah, my work network blocked the hosted images before, but I can see them now. Very nice indeed.

A question - with that level of disassembly, removing the crystal in particular, did you take any steps to ensure / confirm its water resistance rating after reassembly?
Thanks. Not yet but definitely will have it tested. I am waiting on a O ring for the back plate. It was a little stretched on dis-assembly. Lubed it with silicone for now and will be careful. I have accumulated some watch tools but not a pressure tester. I would prefer air testing over water, will check and see what HQ has.

:shock:awesome!!! Great work, it would be nice to see before and after pictures
Thanks, agree on the pics. Next one I will. This one wasnt planned until I had it apart.

That is an awesome custom job. Taking a beat up MM and turning it into this is an outstanding job.
very niiiiiiiice mat.
That looks amazing. I'm going to start looking for one now.
damn nice custom job man - i LOVE the details!!!

Thanks all. Appreciate it. I am wrapping up 2 GMT's and a leather banded MM that I will post. My next plan is a blue face in a non polished Ti with candy blue accents. Should be fun.

Thanks all. Appreciate it. I am wrapping up 2 GMT's and a leather banded MM that I will post. My next plan is a blue face in a non polished Ti with candy blue accents. Should be fun.
Once and addict will always be an addict lol. I myself said I WAS NOT GONNA BUY ANYMORE huh i got 3 pairs coming in again. How do you stop??? I really want to lol. Ive got a pink iridium that i wanted to chop for a juliet project.

Once and addict will always be an addict lol. I myself said I WAS NOT GONNA BUY ANYMORE huh i got 3 pairs coming in again. How do you stop??? I really want to lol. Ive got a pink iridium that i wanted to chop for a juliet project.
There is no known cure. Even my niece, a Dr in Psych, said I was crazy.:crazy:

Craziness, looks sick bro. Congrats on the hard work!

Thanks!!

Back