• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scalpel vs Ten vs... Fuel Cell?

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Tried finding another thread on this- some luck but not quite.

Can anyone speak to the difference in size/fit between the Scalpel and Ten (2010) AND what the overall frame size/fit is for both compared to say a Fuel Cell and Batwolf

Tried finding another thread on this- some luck but not quite.

Can anyone speak to the difference in size/fit between the Scalpel and Ten (2010) AND what the overall frame size/fit is for both compared to say a Fuel Cell and Batwolf
I have the Scalpels (latest generation) And they are a nice larger frame. Larger square orbitals. Great active frame with sporty look.
I tried on Tens and Fuel Cells. They are both pretty much the same size and fit as the Scalpels. Fuel Cells feeling biggest, then Scapel, then Tens. But overall pretty similar fit. I would think Batwolfs are the largest fit, but I never tried them on.
Other members who own all these models will be able to answer better about fit.
However I would like to point out that the Scalpel is the only frame on your list that is O-Matter and Unobtanium (nosepads and earstems). I'm not a fan of the hard plastic, non-O-matter frames, without Oakley's grippy Unobtanium. The hard plastic frames just feel cheaper or common, and don't utilize Oakley's proprietary materials. I highly recommend Scalpels. Scalpels are one of my all time favorite frames.

tried the fuel cell but they don't have any rubber earsocks. scalpels have been my go to's for over a year now, much more comfortable!

Back