1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. David F

David F Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I want this thread to be for people that have bad experiences (mainly ebay due to forum feedback) online to be able to share that experience so others can look for the person they may be buying from and see if that person is in this thread... Don't want to violate any forum rules, this just seems like an easy way for us to keep track of bad transactions. If this thread continues please post the ebay user name so that people can search for the name and read about the potential seller.

Ebay user name: jmongarcia

I was looking for cheap gascans to send off to Dr. Chop. I just wanted to buy frames in good condition and lenses didn't mean anything. Ran into a seller on eBay, no reserve and no BIN. I know they have only one feedback but it was for the same type of glasses and the buyer said "item as described" so I bid and won. Here is the listing (posting pics of the listing so that when it closes or is deleted you can still see.) You see at the bottom the description.

SCAMS And STAY AWAY FROMS: Post "stay Away Froms" Here! - 10690521014_ac0b6eb137_c.jpg
    LOOK AT THE PIC IN THE LISTING....

NOW LOOK AT WHAT I WAS SENT....
    SCAMS And STAY AWAY FROMS: Post "stay Away Froms" Here! - 10690526674_691786ae05_z.jpg
    SCAMS And STAY AWAY FROMS: Post "stay Away Froms" Here! - 10690709573_e22036de64_z.jpg
    SCAMS And STAY AWAY FROMS: Post "stay Away Froms" Here! - 10690475975_357dfe171b_z.jpg

You can clearly see that I was not sent the glasses in the photo. I looked at this persons other listing and they were left positive feedback. On top of all this, the glasses were wrapped in papertowels and shipped in a small box. These are trash glasses, I have opened a case and it is pending. Just wanted others to beware. Thank you.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

just message seller , ask for a refund. or file a chargeback on paypal. Those glasses are nasty!!!

3. David F

Oh I opened a case, and ill get my money back through buyer protection. I just don't want them to repost these and someone else on this forum buy them and experience the same thing.

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I like this thread! There are a lot of scammers online, and it seems like the only safe place is this forum.

David F likes this.
  5. David F

I agree, there is a lot of trust on this site.

6. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Doesn't look like you were misled here. Description says used and scratched, and that the frames are "good." "Good" could mean not broken, not flaking, tight hinges, etc. Now I can't make out the other pictures from the listing, but if the photos are blatantly a different pair of glasses, that's wrong and Buyer Beware.

7. David F

8. Yeti

Yeti Frostmonkey Staff Member Premium Member

I agree with this.

The difference in the picture is that the ones you took are macro shots with flash blasting all the imperfections. At least he put that they were scratched...to some people those are considered "great condition"

9. David F

I took those with a cell phone. And great condition? Great would be 8-9/10 right? How could these qualify?

10. Wavecloud

Wavecloud Oakley Expert Premium Member

Needs to be an exact description as all terms such as 'good condition' are so subjective.

I agree that using another photo is wrong though!

Im sure youll get a refund but its the hassle that's annoying :(