• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SCAMS And STAY AWAY FROMS: Post "stay Away Froms" Here!

If it is the same pair or if it isn't, in this particular case I feel that the seller wasn't descriptive enough and feel they will repost this when I ship them back. All buyers beware reguardless. This can be a good thread to post suspect issues. Thanks for everyone's opinion.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like you were misled here. Description says used and scratched, and that the frames are "good." "Good" could mean not broken, not flaking, tight hinges, etc. Now I can't make out the other pictures from the listing, but if the photos are blatantly a different pair of glasses, that's wrong and Buyer Beware.
I have to agree with the OP. He was definitely misled. I'm not saying the seller lied but there are other ways to mislead people. Like using ambiguous descriptions (e.g., good). And using photos that don't show the real "picture". Again, not saying the pictures are fake but that they're not showing the real condition of the glasses.

I have to agree with the OP. He was definitely misled. I'm not saying the seller lied but there are other ways to mislead people. Like using ambiguous descriptions (e.g., good). And using photos that don't show the real "picture". Again, not saying the pictures are fake but that they're not showing the real condition of the glasses.

That's just the thing. As I said, "good" is an honest, yet very subjective term. The buyer has his/her own description like the seller. It's the buyer's responsibility to ask questions and request more pictures or more information.

As I said, the seller didn't lie but that doesn't mean he didn't mislead the buyer. "Honest" is ambiguous as well. You can tell the truth while hiding the whole truth to make up a different truth. (I hope that made sense.)

Anyway, I do agree with you that the OP could have been more careful and just asked for a better description and clearer photos.

Last edited:
I really just wanted to say "beware of this seller" due to the fact that the product wasn't as described. My money was refunded on this and I was only out the return shipping (which was in the same box and same paper towels that was used to ship them to me).

I didn't ask for more detailed photos because the pics supplied and previous feedback seemed like enough, just like on almost all of my past ebay transactions. Ive never had to ask for more detailed pics or investigate beyond previous feedback and never experienced an issue until now. I can't live my life always assuming someone is trying to swindle me and thus dig and always look for "extra conformation" on every product. For $40.00 it wasn't worth it, or at least I thought it wasn't. That's why I relied on ebay to protect me if the transaction went south (this is also why ebay is so popular and why in the exchange rules on this forum its recommended that ebay be used). Ebay made sure my money was refunded and in the end I was out the return shipping cost. Again, I posted this thread thinking that the seller would repost and someone else from this forum may have been interested at that price then been dissapointed as I was.

As I said, the seller didn't lie but that doesn't mean he didn't mislead the buyer. "Honest" is ambiguous as well. You can tell the truth while hiding the whole truth to make up a different truth. (I hope that made sense.)

Anyway, I do agree with you that the OP could have been more careful and just asked for a better description and clearer photos.

Famous poem by Emily Dickinson called Tell the truth but tell it slant, which is basically what we are discussing that you don't lie but don't tell a straightforward incriminating account.

Good thread overall, both the seller potentially disappointing another member and the diligence by buyers to have a solid impression of the product at question with nothing left to assume or imagine.

Famous poem by Emily Dickinson called Tell the truth but tell it slant, which is basically what we are discussing that you don't lie but don't tell a straightforward incriminating account.

Good thread overall, both the seller potentially disappointing another member and the diligence by buyers to have a solid impression of the product at question with nothing left to assume or imagine.
Agreed brother. Well said.

David Faltus, glad you got everything sorted out. I probably wouldn't have bothered to ask too since it wasn't really a big ticket item. This happened to me before and ended up getting a refund without having to return the item. I told the seller it wasn't worth paying the return shipping for so he told me to just get rid of it. Junk is junk. Lol

Last edited:
Back