• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scelzi Pickup

Oakster

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Canada
So I have determined that one of the worst things about being a collector is having part of something... maybe something you scored a good deal on, then feeling like you need to "complete it". No different than scoring a great deal on a display case and then feeling like you need to fill it up.

A while back I picked up three 1:16 cars - 2 Scotty Cannons and 1 Scelzi. Got the OTT's that are what are pictured on the cars, the Straight Jacket. Then I saw a set of Scelzi R2's and had to pick them up to fill out the shelf. Hopefully get some more cards, etc to really fill up the motorsports case.

... a little bit extra cool in that the box is also signed. Pretty happy about the pickup, not cheap but worth it.

DSC05148.jpg

DSC05149.jpg

So I have determined that one of the worst things about being a collector is having part of something... maybe something you scored a good deal on, then feeling like you need to "complete it". No different than scoring a great deal on a display case and then feeling like you need to fill it up.
WELCOME to my personal Hell!!!

15 Complete collections and counting....
COMPLETE COLLECTIONS:
ELITE
OTT
STPL
MARS
ROMEO 1
X METAL XX
ARTIST EDITION
ROMEO 2
SUB ZERO
INFINITE HERO
TROY LEE
MAG FOUR
MAG M FRAM HYBRID
MAG SWITCH
PLATES

LOL... your not done yet... now you need these...

DSC01360.jpg

and these....

DSC06687.jpg

But seriously..... nice pick up, that's the only one Im missing.

Seriously? I thought you were a nice guy - now you do that to me!!! I really do like having a few of the kinds of things that you can't just go to a store and buy. Just trying to figure out more creative way to display some of that stuff, especially posters. I have a couple pretty cool items that I can't figure out how to display.

I can't wait to see your collection grow because you have some pretty cool stuff! I would love to find a way to get some of my Cannon stuff signed but I don't think he gets to Canada very often!

Ive got some other Scelzi stuff I need to figure out how to display as well. Someday I'll get it all figured out. When your ready to sell those Romeos let me know.

Bad, I figured a slow gentle twist was better than rapid repeated gouging...

At least he used a knife, unlike some of the others on here that prefer a "spork".

GRF, these aren't on the "untouchable" list so you never know. I paid a hefty price for them though. Also, as you seem to know your stuff about motorsports stuff, I will probably hit you up later this week with a few questions regarding an item I purchased and it's legitness.

Back