1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

So I have determined that one of the worst things about being a collector is having part of something... maybe something you scored a good deal on, then feeling like you need to "complete it". No different than scoring a great deal on a display case and then feeling like you need to fill it up.

A while back I picked up three 1:16 cars - 2 Scotty Cannons and 1 Scelzi. Got the OTT's that are what are pictured on the cars, the Straight Jacket. Then I saw a set of Scelzi R2's and had to pick them up to fill out the shelf. Hopefully get some more cards, etc to really fill up the motorsports case.

... a little bit extra cool in that the box is also signed. Pretty happy about the pickup, not cheap but worth it.

Scelzi Pickup - DSC05148.jpg
    Scelzi Pickup - DSC05149.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Looks good and I have the same feelings about having to "complete something". It drives me nuts!

3. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

WELCOME to my personal Hell!!!

15 Complete collections and counting....
    COMPLETE COLLECTIONS:
    ELITE
    OTT
    STPL
    MARS
    ROMEO 1
    X METAL XX
    ARTIST EDITION
    ROMEO 2
    SUB ZERO
    INFINITE HERO
    TROY LEE
    MAG FOUR
    MAG M FRAM HYBRID
    MAG SWITCH
    PLATES

4. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

LOL... your not done yet... now you need these...

Scelzi Pickup - DSC01360.jpg

and these....

Scelzi Pickup - DSC06687.jpg

But seriously..... nice pick up, that's the only one Im missing.

5. Oakster

Seriously? I thought you were a nice guy - now you do that to me!!! I really do like having a few of the kinds of things that you can't just go to a store and buy. Just trying to figure out more creative way to display some of that stuff, especially posters. I have a couple pretty cool items that I can't figure out how to display.

I can't wait to see your collection grow because you have some pretty cool stuff! I would love to find a way to get some of my Cannon stuff signed but I don't think he gets to Canada very often!

6. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

HEY!!!

I need those Scelzi's over here.... lol
    :)

7. BADNESS

BADNESS Resident Troublemaker

Way to stick the knife in and gently twist it GRF! :lol:

Congrats on the pickup Oakster :cool:

8. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Ive got some other Scelzi stuff I need to figure out how to display as well. Someday I'll get it all figured out. When your ready to sell those Romeos let me know.

Bad, I figured a slow gentle twist was better than rapid repeated gouging...

9. Oakster

At least he used a knife, unlike some of the others on here that prefer a "spork".

GRF, these aren't on the "untouchable" list so you never know. I paid a hefty price for them though. Also, as you seem to know your stuff about motorsports stuff, I will probably hit you up later this week with a few questions regarding an item I purchased and it's legitness.