• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Screw ESPN

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I cancelled my Rolling Stone subscription 2 years ago when they put the piece of crap Boston Marathon bomber's glamour shot on the front page.

I'm boycotting ESPN (not just the ESPY's) similarly. Giving an award that is supposed to go to someone who demonstrates "courage" to a guy (?) who just 4 months ago in a self-absorbed state KILLED a woman? Plenty of baseball on Fox Sports and MLB Network and plenty of other sports on other outlets. I'm not gonna miss having to sit through hours of Chris Berman either...

Looks like Bill Simmons had it right!

I dont get it. If a person cuts themself, they get court-ordered therapy, but when some a$$hole butchers his body, he gets an award. Fukker should get HIS ass kicked. Calling him a woman is insulting to women everywhere. So all it takes to be a woman is fake breasts and estrogen? Where are the feminists when a REAL injustice like this occurs?

I cancelled my Rolling Stone subscription 2 years ago when they put the piece of crap Boston Marathon bomber's glamour shot on the front page.

I'm boycotting ESPN (not just the ESPY's) similarly. Giving an award that is supposed to go to someone who demonstrates "courage" to a guy (?) who just 4 months ago in a self-absorbed state KILLED a woman? Plenty of baseball on Fox Sports and MLB Network and plenty of other sports on other outlets. I'm not gonna miss having to sit through hours of Chris Berman either...

Looks like Bill Simmons had it right!
I've gotten ESPN the Mag for 5 or 6 years, but only because it comes free with Insider. Read one issue of it and knew it was trash. Throw them away as soon as they come. In general, I hate ESPN TV, and only watch live sports on it. The vast majority of the rest of their programming is clickbait trash. This Ashe Award decision just further cements that view.

I've gotten ESPN the Mag for 5 or 6 years, but only because it comes free with Insider. Read one issue of it and knew it was trash. Throw them away as soon as they come. In general, I hate ESPN TV, and only watch live sports on it. The vast majority of the rest of their programming is clickbait trash. This Ashe Award decision just further cements that view.
Same here. Only for the insider content, got the subscription for pennies on the dollar (like $5 or so a year...my subscription doesn't expire until 2017, I think )

Don't really care for the live programming outside of live sports exclusives.

Back