• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Screwdriver xmetal doubt

Yasargil

Oakley Expert
Spain
Hello!
Finally I got to pull out an old screw very hard on my 24k XX, because this screw had its head completely worn and my home screwdriver didn't serve anymore for pull out. Now I putted other new screw and I screw in but don't want to force it with an incorrect screwdriver. Which type is the correct one for screw in the Xmetal?
Thank you!
6347d02a43c047696c7f098ca7e69b3e.jpg

98e2464c31936d4104688d45766dea5e.jpg

Hello!
Finally I got to pull out an old screw very hard on my 24k XX, because this screw had its head completely worn and my home screwdriver didn't serve anymore for pull out. Now I putted other new screw and I screw in but don't want to force it with an incorrect screwdriver. Which type is the correct one for screw in the Xmetal?
Thank you!
6347d02a43c047696c7f098ca7e69b3e.jpg

98e2464c31936d4104688d45766dea5e.jpg

I have exactly the same issue with the orbital screw on the same frame. How did you manage to get the screw out? I am getting to the point where I am contemplating asking the X-Man to see if he can work his magic. Don't like sending things away unnecessarily and also I feel like I was defeated LOL.

I have exactly the same issue with the orbital screw on the same frame. How did you manage to get the screw out? I am getting to the point where I am contemplating asking the X-Man to see if he can work his magic. Don't like sending things away unnecessarily and also I feel like I was defeated LOL.
you tried to go to an optical with them? in the workshops usually have tools to remove it without damaging the frame, I have taken me several t6 with the deformed head for tighten untighten, do not use screwdriver is poor at the end the screw is damaged:lolsign:

you tried to go to an optical with them? in the workshops usually have tools to remove it without damaging the frame, I have taken me several t6 with the deformed head for tighten untighten, do not use screwdriver is poor at the end the screw is damaged:lolsign:
I bought the frames and the screw was already stripped (the seller did not mention it at the time). Now I am stuck. Have tried in vain to get it out and have reach the point of getting help.

Last edited:
I've managed to get a damaged orbital screw out with a T7. Don't use lots of force the screws and bits are easily damaged. Using a high end screwdriver like Wiha or Wera helps.. If it doesn't work send it to the X-Man..

Oops, sorry bro, I hope you can do
you need special tools :twitch:
I only realised once I tried to replace the lenses with a brand new pair :(. Hopefully I will eventually get this sorted. Positime thinking!:)

I have worked on microscopes in the past so I am very aware of using the right tools and also not forcing things too much. The damage that can be caused can be eye watering if not done right.

Back