• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Screwdriver xmetal doubt

you tried to go to an optical with them? in the workshops usually have tools to remove it without damaging the frame, I have taken me several t6 with the deformed head for tighten untighten, do not use screwdriver is poor at the end the screw is damaged:lolsign:

I prefer my skilled hands! ;-)

I used a drill (foredom) to do two lines in the head screw and used a plane screwdriver
e62f07402c0b606459bd6296c889840e.jpg

Drill out the head with a no .080 drill,pop off the head with sidecutters by spreading the orbitals. if you didn't drill too deep you should have some stud Remaining the side cutters will grip and take it out..... I've done it 100 times its never failed me

Drill out the head with a no .080 drill,pop off the head with sidecutters by spreading the orbitals. if you didn't drill too deep you should have some stud Remaining the side cutters will grip and take it out..... I've done it 100 times its never failed me
Expert advice from the guy everyone runs to when they botch a job, and worth noting.

A few other tips I've picked up over time-

Try a precision driver like Wiha, etc. The Walmart T6 you got in the pack of 108 tools isn't worth a crap by comparison.
Cover the end of your driver with a rubber band. The rubber can fill in gaps and give you just enough extra bite to get it out.
Go up one size, and if it's stripped really badly combine with the rubber band.

If your quality T6 doesn't bite the first go or two, The most reliable way to solve this is to take the frame, put it in a box and send it to @ THE X-MAN.

He may even have such attention to detail that when you receive the frame back he has replaced the T6 screw with a new one

Back