• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sealed box...to open or not

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Hello with a quick search I could not find this answer on the form. I bought a brand new in box pair of badman sunglasses.

They are brand-new in the box and sealed. I bought them from a form sponsor. My question is this is my spare pair. Should I open the box and check them out to make sure they are okay? Or just leave them sealed?

It has been a couple weeks and I have not opened them yet. The first pair I bought, I opened for display.

My concern is, if I ever do end up selling the second power as an NIB, I will have no idea if they are in good shape. I only say this because I ran across an old to read where they indicated that they received a sealed box from Oakley, and one only had one lens, another pair can cracked. I know Oakley quality control can be ify sometimes since they moved production to China. Just wondering if I should open them up and check out that everything is ok before putting them back in the box or leave it sealed. What do you guys think?

As FT said in his post above mine. You already stated the possible issue. There could also be the wrong pair inside the box or no pair at all.

If you sell that down the road and there's something wrong with it you better be prepared to refund the money to your buyer as he wont give a crap that's how you got it.

open it , I had same dilemma opening my sealed oakley box and having it back and forth to open it also burden my day to day life.

also one of the member here say maybe I only found buttplug inside the box that even drives my mind insane

As FT said in his post above mine. You already stated the possible issue. There could also be the wrong pair inside the box or no pair at all.

If you sell that down the road and there's something wrong with it you better be prepared to refund the money to your buyer as he wont give a crap that's how you got it.

Then it is a trust thing. The buyer could say anything. I can not verify because it was sealed. Buyer could have the same pair broken, buy mine, swap them, and return me a broken pair?

Oh and thanks everyone for the advice.

Or you can open the box yourself before shipping to make sure there is no funny business. You never know, value could go up. Have you seen prices these days? Things sell online for a ridiculous price that were given away for free.

Or you can open the box yourself before shipping to make sure there is no funny business. You never know, value could go up. Have you seen prices these days? Things sell online for a ridiculous price that were given away for free.
Yeah but that free stuff is still worth more than a sadman.

I'd say MAYBE one day it will be worth something. Maybe the Ferrari one. If you ever plan to sell it on feebay, open it and check it. Like other have said, people are d bags and WILL try to **** you.

Badmans? Man, the value won't change if you break the seal... who cares? Now, had it been a pair of X-metals, it would be a different story.

Hate to be a **** but totally this. Potential buyers would likely want evidence of condition anyway.

You could try really hard to be careful with seal removal at best, but I'd be surprised if there's someone out there who is anal about an absolutely untouched Badman.

Latest Posts

Back