• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sealed box...to open or not

Yeah I agree. Many won't even consider them real x metals.
Yeah, many ridiculous things were said before about X Squared and Romeo 2, and Half X. Look how it is now? Have you read somewhere before that Hatchet is very similarly designed as X Metal, and is treated very well for it despite its flaws.

Truth is, whatever many consider now, may or may not hold true in the future. Beside, it is a spare, keep it, and discover for yourself, nothing to lose right?

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Yeah, many ridiculous things were said before about X Squared and Romeo 2, and Half X. Look how it is now? Have you read somewhere before that Hatchet is very similarly designed as X Metal, and is treated very well for it despite its flaws.

Truth is, whatever many consider now, may or may not hold true in the future. Beside, it is a spare, keep it, and discover for yourself, nothing to lose right?

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
Agreed, however I wore a couple different pair of x squared this weekend and man they sure are a thing of beauty. I like them even more than my Juliet. Not sure I will ever think of the Badman like my x squared. But time will tell

It is the age old ugly duckling story. With time memory fades. However, in my humble opinion this should NEVER have been placed in the X Metal category.

The biggest mistake that Oakley made was to even try to lauder these as part of the X Metal family, with all the X Metal freaks out there ;). This could have been it's own category either material or styling. The materials is the most compelling as they were experimenting with mixing o matter and aluminium. You could argue this was something already started with the Pit Boss. So why not use that, Elite! (I am not knowledgable to know if any previous models fall into this category also, I can't think of any).

Open them and wear them- I'll disagree with some though- these WILL be valuable in the future. Event these so called Next Metals will be worth probably north of $300 in about 5 to 6 years once discontinued and more rare.

Back