• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Searching For That Warm Glowing Glow

To be honest I haven't really tested VR28 Black Iridium but out of the lenses I've worn with increased contrast (OO +Red Polarized, Ruby Iridium, 24K Gold, Fire Iridium) these are my favorite. They work in a lot of different lighting conditions and are really easy on the eyes. I'm actually referring to Tungsten Iridium Polarized, just to clarify.

I am getting a Split Jacket with VR28 Black Iridium soon though, so I'll be testing those out and seeing how I like it.

DUDE! youre SO in for a treat. TUngsten honestly looks washed out in comparison to VR28 Black. the first time i wore it a actually said WOW out loud ahha

For as much use as Gold gets it's really not that great of a lens. It makes things kind of gold tinted and makes things feel brighter, but the color contrast is almost dulled.

I'll take VR28 base lenses any day, only other lens I love as much is black polarized.

For as much use as Gold gets it's really not that great of a lens. It makes things kind of gold tinted and makes things feel brighter, but the color contrast is almost dulled.

I'll take VR28 base lenses any day, only other lens I love as much is black polarized.

rustie, whats the points on BIP? i dont have one, can you telll me why you like it?

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback - looks like VR28 Black Iridium a must try, with maybe a quick go on the Golds! The missus has just spent loads on a pair of Raybans, so I figure I can't get in trouble for getting myself a pair of Flaks....and as they're for mountain biking, they count as safety equipment and not a luxury. Right?

Cheers all :)

rustie, whats the points on BIP? i dont have one, can you telll me why you like it?

I use them in my Heater M Frame, so it's like wearing nothing at all on a nice bright day. The polarized is noticeable when driving, but being outside on a bright day it's nice to go with a neutral lens at times.

I use them in my Heater M Frame, so it's like wearing nothing at all on a nice bright day. The polarized is noticeable when driving, but being outside on a bright day it's nice to go with a neutral lens at times.

Aah - that raises an interesting point. I'd always thought that as long as I don't mind shelling out the extra money for polarised, they'd always be at least as good as non-polarised in most circumstances and better in many. The only thing I'm really after is the HD optical clarity and would mainly be in forests on my bike...would I find polarised worse than non sometimes?

Aah - that raises an interesting point. I'd always thought that as long as I don't mind shelling out the extra money for polarised, they'd always be at least as good as non-polarised in most circumstances and better in many. The only thing I'm really after is the HD optical clarity and would mainly be in forests on my bike...would I find polarised worse than non sometimes?

It really depends on how you personally react to the polarized lenses. I like them to help cut as much glare as possible, but depth perception can be effected with some people, and others simply can't wear them.

The polarized filter adds a little bit of grey tint to the lens.

Most likely you wouldn't want a dark lens for biking in forested areas, and polarized wouldn't be of any help.

polarised just cuts out glare thats reflected off polarising surfaces like cars and water. IMO its very good on the water (fishing etc) but to me really not much point in other circumstances.

Back