• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Second Chance Offer

Sanford

Oakley Beginner
Canada
Hi all,
I could use a bit of help here, I bid on an eBay item for IH Juliets and I didn't expect to win as I posted my max bid and was out bid right away. Any way it ended about 20 mins and I got a message from the seller saying I have an opportunity to get one since he has another for sale and is offering it to me at the price I bid.

This pics in the original listing look good and the seller was good at responding and pretty helpful. I replied back asking if this was for real and if he had pictures of the second offering was that a bad idea? and should i consider this?
I do want the glasses

This is the original listing 330759662687

Any thoughts would be great

I've done that numerous times when I have multiples of something I'm selling, it's not uncommon. I always ask if I can send a PayPal invoice rather than going through eBay, then I don't have to worry about freakin eBay fees.

isn't paying through eBay with Paypal the same thing? I was planning on accepting it but I would use the BIN...is that what you mean?

isn't paying through eBay with Paypal the same thing? I was planning on accepting it but I would use the BIN...is that what you mean?

No, as a seller you can offer a second chance and it gives the buyer a BIN price and the seller still has to pay the eBay fees as if it were a regular auction sale. I send an offer with a note asking if I can send them an invoice straight from PayPal and that saves quite a bit of money on eBay fees.

ah i see okay so I could save him money...but doing it this way am I still covered if this doesn't work out since it will be direct from Paypal?

Cool...thanks guys, I asked him for additional pics I hope he's not offended, I supposed I don't really need them. I'll have a look anyway.

I'm excited but nervous as well...cheers!

The guy has already sold 3 pair of IH. He must have a lot. First two sold for $399.

I bet he'd sell one outside of ebay for $400... No, I cant. Spent $750 on a pair yesterday. :mad:

I think he'll be posting another one watch his store. There was a question about authenticity on this posting at the bottom, his reply was that he worked for an Authorized Dealer.

He's a pretty good guy to deal with so far good communication and all. It seems over priced probably but it retailed in Canada for 475 +tax (13%) so I saved a bit getting it from him and since I can't find it any where I went for it.

Back