1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Just as the title says...... Got my second "pre-release" pair in today and the lenses are smaller than the original pair I got. These would be more like a standard sized lens compared to the larger size of the first pair I got.

I guess you could say the first pair of lenses were more of an XLJ type (but slightly bigger) and these are more the standard size.

I'll post up some pics in a bit.

Di245 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

After closer inspection the Black Iridium Lenses are much smaller. For some reason the two sets of lenses aren't as interchangeable between the two frames as they should be. Not sure why. They're definitely legit and not counterfeit or anything. Maybe after they're released and we have more information on them it'll make more sense. Here are the comparison shots.

Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750605.494580.jpg
    Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750615.116621.jpg
    Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750626.704987.jpg
    Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750635.225786.jpg
    Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750751.450877.jpg
    Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750759.874343.jpg

Patient_Cero likes this.
  3. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Now I know why these aren't interchangeable. Did a model number search on the black pair and they're Asian Fit.

Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427751048.188451.jpg

4. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

If anyone wants to buy these let me know. :)

I definitely prefer the larger lenses.

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

I was going to say, your frames have different measurements on them. 59 vs 61.

So the Asian Fit frame is different. Good to know!

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Do the bronze lenses fit well in the Asian frame? I assume most of the extra 2mm is in the nose. Any frame curvature difference?

It might be cool to get an Asian Fit frame and standard lenses for a little bigger fit.

7. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

I could probably squeeze the standard lenses into the Asian frame, but the other way around is a no-go. The Asian lenses are way too loose in the standard frame.

8. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Actually it's the other way around. The Asian ones seem less curved and won't fit. Either way they're NOT interchangeable.

9. Jontoad

Jontoad Oakley Expert

so did they feel much different on your face?

10. discodave

discodave Go Navy!

Not really. I've never worn an Asian fit before but they seem straighter with less curve. The difference is very slight though.