• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Second Pair of Flak 2.0s Came In: They Have Different Sized Lenses

discodave

Go Navy!
Just as the title says...... Got my second "pre-release" pair in today and the lenses are smaller than the original pair I got. These would be more like a standard sized lens compared to the larger size of the first pair I got.

I guess you could say the first pair of lenses were more of an XLJ type (but slightly bigger) and these are more the standard size.

I'll post up some pics in a bit.

After closer inspection the Black Iridium Lenses are much smaller. For some reason the two sets of lenses aren't as interchangeable between the two frames as they should be. Not sure why. They're definitely legit and not counterfeit or anything. Maybe after they're released and we have more information on them it'll make more sense. Here are the comparison shots.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750605.494580.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750615.116621.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750626.704987.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750635.225786.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750751.450877.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427750759.874343.jpg

Now I know why these aren't interchangeable. Did a model number search on the black pair and they're Asian Fit.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427751048.188451.jpg

Do the bronze lenses fit well in the Asian frame? I assume most of the extra 2mm is in the nose. Any frame curvature difference?

It might be cool to get an Asian Fit frame and standard lenses for a little bigger fit.

I could probably squeeze the standard lenses into the Asian frame, but the other way around is a no-go. The Asian lenses are way too loose in the standard frame.

I could probably squeeze the standard lenses into the Asian frame, but the other way around is a no-go. The Asian lenses are way too loose in the standard frame.
Actually it's the other way around. The Asian ones seem less curved and won't fit. Either way they're NOT interchangeable.

Latest Posts

Back