• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Secret Santa Sunglass Exchange

i think the international members will have problems with the shipping on the one side and than the problem with the custom service as well!

@yoshi
you can take on of your devil antix :eek:)

Here are a few things we might want to consider when we do this, just for thought only......

1. Male or female member ( we have to consider they collect or wear)
2. Senior/Regular members only (we know who we are) Determine if the "list of participants" be in this thread or by PM only to the designated person handling it.
3. The person collecting names needs to have a working knowledge of what that participant collects/wears, as this is very helpful in assisting the secret santa in their purchase or trade.
4. If there is enough international members in that specific country, they can trade between themselves and this can be set up by the designated personl. This will help shipping and customs costs to be low.

Agian these are just some helpful ideas to make this come to life....

Here are a few things we might want to consider when we do this, just for thought only......

1. Male or female member ( we have to consider they collect or wear)
2. Senior/Regular members only (we know who we are) Determine if the "list of participants" be in this thread or by PM only to the designated person handling it.
3. The person collecting names needs to have a working knowledge of what that participant collects/wears, as this is very helpful in assisting the secret santa in their purchase or trade.
4. If there is enough international members in that specific country, they can trade between themselves and this can be set up by the designated personl. This will help shipping and customs costs to be low.

Agian these are just some helpful ideas to make this come to life....

This is my take on this...

1. True, then again, it's a surprise Santa... We're all in for the goodwill and spirit of giving... So, male / female, I feel ( I may be wrong) senior or regular members wouldn't mind.
2. Agreed
3. It's the luck of the draw that makes this exciting... " life is like a box of chocolates... Blah blah blah".... who knows, the main objective is sharing among our community
4. This may be tricky for some countries... Let's evaluate this....

I think it would be best for the person running it to do like a random drawing between people on the list to see who is giving who what, then from there the they could forward the shipping addresses but not the usernames.

And yeah, it would be best probably if international traded with international. And try to match female with female if possible.

I'd be happy to help out with the co-ordination but don't think I've anything people would want for Christmas. Also, just a thought, does the sender not have to put their details on the package anyway??? Or would it be Mr S Santa? :biggrin:

Also, would a recipient name not have to go on the parcel in case they are not home to take delivery for security purposes??? . . and some of you already know each others full name thru various trades etc . . .

Back