• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Seeking Honest Advice On Values

Big Hank

Oakley Expert
Indiana
  • 1st Update: Pictures added inside my post that is down the page.. I'll quit trying to update this from my work computer and make a clean and clear edit to this first post when I get home. Sorry that I'm playing like a rookie today.
  • 2nd Update - Link to photobucket --> O-stuff Photos by GeneMJ | Photobucket

Hello All,

Maybe there is a thread on this or maybe seeking value opinions is frowned upon.... (Just in case this is heavily frowned upon, I just bought a year membership to the forum)

I lurked around here almost two years ago seeking advice about some OTT's and FearGear came to my rescue. I ended up getting advice and then hitting him back-channel and offered him my OTT's.

So here I am again. I'm still not a collector. I haven't bought a new pair of Oakley's in over 10 years but I absolutely love them still. I worked in a bicycle shop back in the late 90's until about 2003. The shop sold Oakley. I bought Oakley because it was the thing to do and the stuff was awesome. Here I am now with a few things that may be better in collections. I was talking to my friend (the old shop owner, which closed around 2004). He knew I sold my OTT's a while back. He mentioned selling his.. So here I am. Looking for advice. Seems FearGear stepped into the shadows, I tried contact and had no luck.

So that's a long intro... Between my friend and I we have some stuff that we want to move but we don't know values. I'm reasonable and more than understanding. That is why I was so willing to work with FearGear and not seek top dollar.

I may botch a description, my apologies and please feel free to tell me. Sorry no pics at the moment. Just a range is all I'm seeking..

Juliet's with serial number - probably manufactured 2000 or 2001 - boss gave them to me for graduation in 2001 - Lenses got scratched over time so I put in a set of VR28, black iridium, polarized. Sides and nose bridge have been polished and I left the serial number in tact.

Romeo in 24k - lenses have been replaced with the same that came out

Time bomb watch with serial number and maybe I can find the metal case, maybe x-metal color, red background

Time bomb watch in black, no serial number, cardboard packaging (guess this is a later production)

Saddleback watch in the box

Lance Armstrong, USA themed pro m frames - I think

OTT's -silver with fire iridium - first gen - cover and box, I think

BOB head - very small chip on the cheak, very small

Fives - really early I think, late 90's persimmon with persimmon (orange with orange) plenty of wear and the little micro cracks the old clear plastic would get. I've never seen another pair of these so maybe they are odd.

Shoe ONE - heavily used but still a great show piece. black weave. maybe 1997 or 1998

Help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
I will be attempting to dig my stuff out since I recently moved and I'll work to get my buddies stuff into my possession so I can take collector quality photos.

1. I am still planning to get these items all into one place for a photoshoot.

2. My apologies for not putting this in the value thread sticky that is listed near the top. If this can remain out here in it's own thread, I would be very appreciative.

3. Updates in BLUE along with some added pictures to the quote box.

4. My apologies with anyone who may ask for first dibs. I will for sure keep you in consideration... My inbox took off when I started this thread.

Juliet's with serial number - probably manufactured 2000 or 2001 - boss gave them to me for graduation in 2001 - Lenses got scratched over time so I put in a set of VR28, black iridium, polarized. Sides and nose bridge have been polished and I left the serial number in tact. Need to dig these out and get a pic.

Romeo in 24k - lenses have been replaced with the same that came out I will dig these out of a moving box and get picture. I can't remember exactly what they look like and I'm seeing a difference between XX and Romeo, I think.... So now I'm not sur what I have.

Time bomb watch with serial number and maybe I can find the metal case, maybe x-metal color, red background Testing this one by wearing it at the moment. I rolled it around for about 3 minutes in my hand. I'm going to wear it for 3 hours and see when it dies. Notice it's also missing the plastic/rubber pieces on each end of the body.

TB Scratch.JPGTB Front.JPGTB Back.JPG

Time bomb watch in black, no serial number, cardboard packaging (guess this is a later production) still not in my posession

time bomb black.jpg time bomb box.jpg

Saddleback watch in the box still not in my posession
saddleback.JPG
Lance Armstrong, USA themed pro m frames - I think still not in my posession
Lance.JPG
OTT's -silver with fire iridium - first gen - cover and box, I think still not in my posession
OTT's front on BOB.jpg
BOB head - very small chip on the cheak, very small still not in my posession
bob head.jpg bob head with mark.jpg

Fives - really early I think, late 90's persimmon with persimmon (orange with orange) plenty of wear and the little micro cracks the old clear plastic would get. I've never seen another pair of these so maybe they are odd. Need to dig these out of a moving box

Shoe ONE - heavily used but still a great show piece. black weave. maybe 1997 or 1998 Need to dig these out of a moving box

Help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Lance Armstrong, USA themed pro m frames - I think
The silver pair with blue rubber, ice Hybrid S lens? They're Texas themed, not USA, FYI. I sold a pair in mint condition without box or case for about $75. Figure about double if it's mint and complete. They're a sweet pair, but they're Lance, and his stuff isn't commanding what it was before the whole drug thing came out last year or the year before.

Texas flag;
TEXAS.jpg

Not surprised your inbox got flooded, I know I added my own pm to the mess. You have a lot of desirable and fairly rare pieces listed, a lot of it will come down to identifying each piece, describing/picturing the condition, and deciding how much you are willing to let it go for. With pictures members can help you with identifying each unit, and most people on this forum will give you very fair and honest pricing (you aren't the first, or the last, person to establish a thread like this asking for help with pricing). I will allow others with more experience to give you help with pricing things like the OTT, Bob,TB, and ShoeOne. More information is needed to price the Romeo and Juliet to determine which colorways these are, and to confirm the models and condition (it sounds like one or both may have been customized).

The only piece I can give help on at the moment is the saddleback watch. It looks to be complete and in good condition (you will obviously have to wait until you get these pieces in to completely describe the condition). I have been looking for a saddleback for field use for a bit now and from what I have seen from ebay they can go as high as $150 for a complete new in box olive saddleback. The saddleback is a little less desirable so I'd say a fair range for the watch (always dependent upon condition and completeness) would be between $100 and $200.

And personally I think you did fine putting this as its own thread, you have enough pieces of quality to deserve its own thread (plus all the back and forth that is going to eventually come from this would muddy up that thread for next week or more). I look forward to seeing some pictures of the stuff you have in storage, I know I want a couple things depending on what they turn out to be! Hope this helped a little...

Okay.. Like I mentioned earlier, I'll make a huge clean up and edit of my first post when I get home tonight. For now though I ran to my storage unit and grabbed things. So here's to a tapatalk update..

Group shot:
8yny4uma.jpg

Fives and the cracking I mentioned:
yhasy7yh.jpg

Juliet's:
avy3epys.jpg

Juliet's serial#
a5ujy6y7.jpg

Also found factory lens for Juliet's.

The plot thickens on the Romeos because the box I have and the glasses don't match. I guess I have XX's? My bro bought these from the shop back in the day. I never really paid attention to them until he gave them to me as a gift.

Romeo box
sa2esyda.jpg

Glasses that don't match the box
5usegu3e.jpg

Serial #
tetu8y7u.jpg

Large wallet carried about a week
8e4a7y7y.jpg

Shoe ONE - rough shape
juguryve.jpg

Unknown shoe - never worn outside - we would wear these so customers would comment and notice Oakley had shoes. No laces
sa5ujyby.jpg

Box for my brothers Shoe ONE in yellow. Shoes are long gone
5upe8y7y.jpg

There's also a hard case in the group shot.

Thanks all. I wanted to get these up before there was too much guessing or speculation. I'll clean house tonight.

Latest Posts

Back