1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

I am picking these splices up today for only 100 bucks and i am curious why all of teh splices that i see on here don't have oakley on them although i hear that oakley did release pairs with oakley on the nose, are these a later release pair or earlier? Seeking Splice Knowledge - photo2.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Yeah same release, just earlier/later in the line... Mine doesnt have nose text too. Splices are great frames..

What color is this one?

3. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

That one looks to be the FMJ platinum - root beer/ Gold Iridium one.

It's true that many of Oakley's model have variation in having the stretchline text across the nose bridge.

4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Thats a nice piece.. One if the less common ones

5. Rezechs

Rezechs Oakley Enthusiast

its actually the SGH exclusive pair i believe... emerald iridium lenses with polished black lower and gunmetal top

6. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

Ah, there I was wrong obviously, hehe :p

7. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

As far as I'm aware the first splice didn't have the wording across the bridge but the later releases did. I've got the same frame but without the name on the bridge. Not aware that it was a SGH exclusive as far as I was aware, well not in the UK anyhow. Got mine just after they were relaesed from an outdoor store in the Meadowhall shopping center in Sheffield UK.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

dont forget as well some got faded/polished off over the years from the crystal frame..

and i was also under the impression that it was a SGH excl.. but clearly i was wrong lol!

9. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Could it have been a SGH exclusive in the US?

These are the ones I got, are they the same?
    SKU# 03-725

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

Dann mentions them as an SGH exclusive in the o-review Wiki,The Oakley Review - Wiki (Splice)

but its not listed as an exclusive in the actual page The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing

im gonna say, since you got one OUTSIDE of SGH, its probably one of those "2 week earlier than everyone else" exclusive releases, or wasnt one at all.