1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Exr29070

Exr29070 Oakley Beginner

Got my polished J's intact today, however now the opposite side orbital screw is seized. Gently used my T6 driver to test them, one side is hand tightened and the other side is rock hard. Definitely don't want to shear the screw. Any ideas on unseizing?

Thought I could take them to the O store, buy new lenses, have them replace it and shear it so I'm not responsible lol. But that's dishonest and bad karma.

Has anyone used penetrating oil?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

I haven't tried it but coating it in oil would have been my suggestion.

3. Oakley Stephen

Oakley Stephen Oakley Collector

I hand used wd 40 before on pair of Juliet's before with no problems. Also try to lightly tap on the end of the screw with the driver in there and that should help lossen it up

4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Been discussed previously with successes.
    Penetrating oil is a great start, then try an easy out and if that does not work, drill out the head of the screw, separate the frame, soak more with penetrating oil and remove with needlenose pliers.
    I had to do this on a pair of plasma, no big deal after reading the below links that happened to be at the top of "discussion" when I had my issue.
    See:
    http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/8974-craigslist-rant-juliets-inside.html
    and:
    http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/8563-hit-bit-snag-when-changing-lenses-my-penny.html
    Good luck!