• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Semi-Final One - Best Oakley Release Of 2012

Semi-Final One - Best Oakley Release of 2012

• Radar - Ichiro

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Batwolf - Breast Cancer Awareness Edition

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Garage Rock - Matte Black w/ Dark Bronze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Holbrook - Murasaki Sports

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Deviation - Polished Black w/ Ruby

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Dispatch 2 - GP-75

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Eyepatch 2 - Troy Lee Polsihed Black w/ Black

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Hollowpoint - Titanium Black

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jk-27

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Here is the first semi-final poll for best Oakley release of 2012. Each option is the winner of their respective category* and we’re now witling them down to find the final two Oakley 2012 releases which will go head-to-head for the title of ‘Best Oakley Release of 2012’, as voted for by the members of Oakley Forum.

You only have one vote so choose wisely! Don’t forget to check out the other poll to find the other semi-finalist. Each poll will close in 5 days. Once the two semi-final polls have closed and the respective winners declared the final poll will take place.

Radar - Ichiro
509d91998f0e8.jpg

Batwolf Breast Cancer Awareness Edition
Batwolf_MatteBlack_OOBlackPolarized.jpg

Garage Rock - Matte Black w/ Dark Bronze
GarageRock_MatteBlack_DarkBronze.jpg

Holbrook - Murasaki Sports
50179317.jpg

Deviation - Polished Black w/ Ruby
Deviation_PolishedBlack_Ruby.jpg

Dispatch 2 - GP-75
DispatchII_MatteBlackGP75_WarmGrey.jpg

Eyepatch 2 - Troy Lee Polsihed Black w/ Black
EyePatch2_PolishedBlackTroyLee_Black.jpg

Hollowpoint - Titanium Black
Hollowpoint_Titanium_Black.jpg

*(As the watch poll was tied the two tied winners have been split between the semi-final polls)

Of these choices the Murasaki Holbrook, for the following reasons: Not just a country exclusive but from a store within a country making it more obscure, Chrome lens, unique and remarkable frame, icons that appear to pay homage to the H.I.P. lens of the Murasaki Splice, very limited, just 400 produced, lens etching, and one of, if not the most important release from the Holbrook range. It would be regarded as an essential collectors item. I would also say that the Ichiro Radar and Troy Lee Eyepatch were also essential items, especially considering it would be likely many collectors would desire to have complete sets of these two signatures.

The poll will close in less than 24 hours so if you haven't voted get voting, it's close and your vote could swing it and get the frame in to the final!

its hard deciding. i went with the 'Deviation because i like the design features from the top and the sides. if i was given to take one from this group for free, id take the watch. i desire the 'Troy Lee, 'Murasaki, 'GP-75, and 'Ichiro up to a point, probably the same if not more than the 'Deviation. As a 2012 frame, i feel it stands out as an outstanding oakley release, esp to the wire line in this particular frame/lens combo.

Back