• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending a pair of PENNY frames to be cerekoted in black...

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Hi Fellas,

I have all the Penny frames, minus the copper ones. I actually have two in titanium. I would like to send one frame to the X-Man to have them cerekoted in BLACK. Having trouble deciding on what frame to send him. I am not going to send him my super low serial X-Metal frame, what would be the best frame to send? Is there a frame that more were made of...this way I can replace it later on down the line? Thanks!!

Harry

I would send whichever pair needs refinishing. If they are in good shape dont do it. Look for a beater project pair. X-Man has done about 7 pairs for me, amazing work but they all needed it.

Well...I actually want to keep the polished frame because I had chrome polarized iridium lenses put in them and they look GREAT. I really like the titanium ones as well....so am thinking titanium. The prices for Penny frames have doubled as of recent. A few months back, I was finding them for just over $200....not anymore.

I would send whichever pair needs refinishing. If they are in good shape dont do it. Look for a beater project pair. X-Man has done about 7 pairs for me, amazing work but they all needed it.

That's a good idea, they can all use a little work....well, aside from the X-Metal. I baby those. Going to try and find a pair that isn't in the best of condition...a project pair like you said...and keep what I have. Shame they never made a carbon frame like the Julies. But the cerekote will look awesome...I saw pics, and WOW!!!

That's a good idea, they can all use a little work....well, aside from the X-Metal. I baby those. Going to try and find a pair that isn't in the best of condition...a project pair like you said...and keep what I have. Shame they never made a carbon frame like the Julies. But the cerekote will look awesome...I saw pics, and WOW!!!
I think there was a carbon colorway unofficially released at one point.

The more I look at this picture, the more I want to send him two pairs! The X-Man is a magician!! Amazing work....
BlkCerekote.png

Latest Posts

Back