1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry Oakley Collector

Hi Fellas,

I have all the Penny frames, minus the copper ones. I actually have two in titanium. I would like to send one frame to the X-Man to have them cerekoted in BLACK. Having trouble deciding on what frame to send him. I am not going to send him my super low serial X-Metal frame, what would be the best frame to send? Is there a frame that more were made of...this way I can replace it later on down the line? Thanks!!

Harry

Jacob Carstens likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mega8zero

mega8zero Oakley Enthusiast

Use a polished frame. Just polish it back when you change you mind. ;)

Jacob Carstens and #1 Stunna! like this.
  3. Oakley-olic

Oakley-olic Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I would send whichever pair needs refinishing. If they are in good shape dont do it. Look for a beater project pair. X-Man has done about 7 pairs for me, amazing work but they all needed it.

cyclerdoug and Kuztomized like this.
  4. DrtyHarry

Well...I actually want to keep the polished frame because I had chrome polarized iridium lenses put in them and they look GREAT. I really like the titanium ones as well....so am thinking titanium. The prices for Penny frames have doubled as of recent. A few months back, I was finding them for just over $200....not anymore.

5. DrtyHarry

That's a good idea, they can all use a little work....well, aside from the X-Metal. I baby those. Going to try and find a pair that isn't in the best of condition...a project pair like you said...and keep what I have. Shame they never made a carbon frame like the Julies. But the cerekote will look awesome...I saw pics, and WOW!!!

6. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

I think there was a carbon colorway unofficially released at one point.

7. DrtyHarry

Really? Never saw or heard of it. Besides...that will cost an arm and a leg even if I could find one. Hoping to find a beat up pair that can be brought back to life by the man....have plenty of lenses.

8. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Cerekote black Penny will look sweet. Can't wait to see it.

9. DrtyHarry

I saw two pairs on the X-Mans website....one with blue and one with red rubbers in colr to match. A beautiful! And a Minute Machine watch....mine is polished. ;-)

Last edited: 6/13/16
    Jacob Carstens and supersharp like this.
  10. DrtyHarry

The more I look at this picture, the more I want to send him two pairs! The X-Man is a magician!! Amazing work.... Sending a pair of PENNY frames to be cerekoted in black... - BlkCerekote.png

supersharp likes this.