• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending Funds Through Paypal As A Gift

@batwolf - I haven't had that contact yet. I've probably sent/received over 3000 in the last year via gifting. I did however get an email that said they would be freezing any funds received via ebay for 21 days. Apparently a new policy or something...

A new policy for what? Sounds like BS to me.

The thing I don't understand about PayPal is why they take 4% of the total money being received (when not using the gift service)? I mean the cost of conducting the transaction can't go up the more it is can it? It should be a flat fee for any amount.

It's the same when listing on eBay UK, if you start you auction at £2, it costs about 15p to list. If you start the exact same auction listing, with the exact same pictures, and the exact same text, at £100, it suddenly costs £1 to list. How? Where's the justification in charging more?

eBay and PayPal (owned by eBay) are nothing but con artists, taking advantage because they have a monopoly.

One way of getting around the Paypal gifting warnings is to make sure the person sending it doesn't put any information in the text box that will give away what the gift of money is for. Tell the buyer to leave the generic "You Got Money!" title and leave the text box blank and to PM you their mailing address or any other instructions instead.

If Paypal sees information in the text box that says it's for a goods transaction they will take notice and go after you.

Back