• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sending My Penny For A Tuneup - Interesting Stories

Haha well...that's something I debated. Sending back the Tungsten to get the right ones back, and wait another month, or just keep them. I kept them. Best of luck with your situation though! Can't believe they "misplaced" your glasses.

yeah haha thanks mate. i'll update once i hear from them tomorrow. i dont think i could bear going the weekend unless i knew they were okay.

yeah haha thanks mate. i'll update once i hear from them tomorrow. i dont think i could bear going the weekend unless i knew they were okay.

Wow thats sucks! Hopefully they are foumd. I would go NUTS, seeing as they are not replaceable. What kind of sloppy work is that?? Keep us posted.

I wonder how much waste there is with frames & parts. Do Oakley know what they have. It would be intresting to know someone at their HQ's around the world & find out howmany parts, frames & lenses get disposed of instead of being kept JUST IN CASE. If we could get our hands on some of this we could make our own MPH's..............such fun.

I actually just mailed my Penny's in on Tuesday for a tune up and had some one real cool and asked if they might have any spare parts for the Penny's I could acquire and he told me they recycle all the old parts. It's to bad they don't keep some of that stuff...but I guess I understand somewhat too.

I actually just mailed my Penny's in on Tuesday for a tune up and had some one real cool and asked if they might have any spare parts for the Penny's I could acquire and he told me they recycle all the old parts. It's to bad they don't keep some of that stuff...but I guess I understand somewhat too.

well that crushes my hopes. at least we know what used to be penny spare parts are now in spaceship panels, sports car exhaust pipes and water heating elements ahha.

im about to call oakley now, let you guys know what they say...

argh,.

You know, this is kinda strange to see the customer service differ between countries. I called today and asked if they had any replacement parts for the Ice Pick. My dad needed some new nose bombs and they were no where in sight. They told me they didn't have any in stock (or at least the large ones), and gave me a 25% discount on everything on the site, excluding limited editions and Elite series. Probably the first time I've ever gotten a discount on Oakley's through them (excluding the Vault). Anyone else have this happen to them?

Man after reading this..im cancelling plans of getting tune ups.
Bostonfin gave me an oakley customer service number for tune ups...and i was gonna send in my roms and juliets.
man forget that now they staying with me til they break thats just how its gonna be.

dude i hope you get your oaks back..otherwise sue the the crap outta em as long as u got records it arrived there or whatever..burn their building down coz thats what i would do all i need is some lighter fluid and a lighter.

sent in my plasma frame juliets for a tune-up to oakley hq in california as the flex couplers were loose. total turnaround time was around 2 and 1/2 weeks. only gripe i had was it had the wrong size temple shocks and nose bombs when i got it back. oakley sent in the correct ones after i called them about it.

Back