1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Arron1980

Arron1980 Oakley Enthusiast

Hi everyone. I need some help. I'm enquiring about a pair of Juilets and the guy has said the serial number begins with WO#####A. Don't recognize what the wo couod represent? Is the serial legit? Pics aren't very clear.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

Second generation warranty replacement frame

Carrera1963 likes this.
  3. Arron1980

Really? Thanks for the info

4. discostu

The O is a zero and is irrellevant. W denotes warranty frame and the A denotes second generation.

5. Arron1980

Ok thanks. Would that specific serial be a deterrent to potential buyers in the future?

6. Depends on the buyer but most likely it wouldn't have any impact on resale. Some people might spend more for it because its a serialized warranty frame and not all of them came with serials, some people might pay less because its a warranty frame (not that it really matters). Most people will fall into 2 categories when buying Juliets- Someone who doesn't know anything about Xmetals/serial numbers and just wants a cool pair of glasses, or a collector who understands the serial number and realizes it doesn't make them worth any less.

discostu likes this.
  7. Arron1980

Yeh suppose you can look at it 2 ways. Well at least i know now. Thanks for all the replies anyway, appreciated

discostu likes this.
  8. discostu

+1

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Personally I think W frames have a slight "abasement cloud" around them because they're, well, warranty frames...

But I think, long term, serialed W frames are actually a minority among the serialed and will become more desirable - sure, they're not "complete" with coin / box etc, but hey, they're serialed...

And what do you get a collector who has "everything"?!?

"I've got every colorway released for Juliet NIB, including all the limited editions; what's next? I don't have anything with a 'W' serial... F*ck the 4th gens!"

:D

discostu likes this.
  10. Arron1980

Haha yeh so the W serial could possibly become a rare collector item? To be honest though, I don't think i will ever part with any of my X Metals. I always buy with the thought of maybe selling one day but I can't bring myself to do it.