• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Serial Numbers... Does it Really Matter Which Number You Get?

yea same here. The serial number for me is nice when it matches existing.
But there seems to be a "lower the better" sense in all of this.

Everyone gonna WANT something. Since everybody WANTS lower serial, then i also WANT a lower serial. If i acquire what i want then the WANTS Stop. Although WANT is a verb, everyone gives value to that WANTS. Even in simple talk, lower number is somewhat amazing to hear. I dont know why

This thread turned out great! Especially liking the reasoning behind having number one of something actually makes you number one, and now all of the sudden everybody wants to be you.
This is quality stuff, I mean...really quality stuff.

The power of deductive reasoning. I can't fly, a rock can't fly ergo, I'm a rock.

But seriously though. I have to agree, going after a specific nummer for personal reasons. I get that. But paying a premium for a lower number for say the robotic store front. No way. Like others have said, it's totally random which one is numbered what when they come of the assembly line.
Anybody tells you differently they are just buying into the psychology behind marketing. Its just another "Nerd tax"

for the most part numbers don't matter, but if you get "007", or "666" etc... I think it will add a cool factor

Most get customized at some point unless they are not used. Sooner or later there will be no plasma serialized Juliet’s.

Congratulations you won!!!!!! You found the thread that died 3 years ago!!!!!! I’ll ship you the prize!!!!! I think I still have your address!!!!

70395439-6F03-4E85-983D-93C08C0A5759.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back