• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Several Questions About Pit Boss

MaK

Oakley Beginner
Spain
Good afternoon guys,

since I have been quite good over the last months (I have not purchased any pair since christmas),I have decided to go for something special and get me a pair of PB.

My main problem is that I have not ever seen ones in hand, and that having in mind that even when getting them below retail price, they are a tad expensive, I have several doubts.

First of all would be the fit: I have a medium size head and oval face, and since most comments I have read say they fit like monster dogs but slightly larger, here is me wearing the MD

56a7eae5-cc4f-449f-9773-9a03abd5c616_zpsb913d001.jpg

Do you think they will look oversized?

Secondly, I am going for a muted colour combination ,i.e. polished black/gunmetal. In most pics the gunmetal seems to be almost black, is it really so dark? Is the PB 2 all black or is it also black/gunmetal?

Third and last question: the titanium plates are coated? from this pic in an amazon advertisement (for a brand new pair) it seems that the paintwork in the ti plate is scratched.

81PEoUF6SrL_SL1500__zps59095609.jpg

Has it happened to anyone? I would like to wear them rather than placing them on a cabinet,and I have shivers when remember the peeling/bubbling issues with my Mag Switchs and Mag Fours

Best Regards

Judging from your pic I think the PB would look well on you. I believe the plates are anodized not painted but will still scratch. I am suspicious of the PB pic you posted and might be fakes. I could be that the exposure is off but it appears to be a gloss frame wit Ti colored plates. Gloss frames have the gunmetal colored plated which are darker.

Go to an Oakley store to try them on. It's the only way to assure the fit. It's the only way to get exactly what you want.

Many thanks for the imput.

Judging from your pic I think the PB would look well on you. I believe the plates are anodized not painted but will still scratch. I am suspicious of the PB pic you posted and might be fakes. I could be that the exposure is off but it appears to be a gloss frame wit Ti colored plates. Gloss frames have the gunmetal colored plated which are darker.

The pic is directly taken from an Amazon.uk advertisement, you can seeit here, http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002C0GY56/ , it caught my eye that an ad for a brand new pair at full retail price would show a close up view of a scratched ti plate.

Go to an Oakley store to try them on. It's the only way to assure the fit. It's the only way to get exactly what you want.

I would like to, but here in Spain we do not have any O-store or Vault,and what is worst very few brick and mortar shops are carrying oakley stuff and more of them only carry the easy to sell stuff (frogskings, gascans, fuell.etc...)

I think they are fingerprints as opposed to scratches. The plates on my PB tend to get some smudges on them when I touch them. It rubs off with microfiber bag.

The 03-304 is very dark, but it looks awesome. I would consider the Root Beer over the Matte Black, but Polished Black is my favorite.

I would imagine they are painted/coated/processed, because they're not manufacturing three different plates for the glasses. I have not seen any bubbling or anything. If you get a great deal on a scratched pair, it'll incline you to wear them as a daily pair/borderline beater.

The are wider, no doubt, but fit very nicely compared to a MD. A wider gap between the temples and arms exist, but a very solid feel from the PB.

Me wearing both:

mdpbof_zps2ed20e65.jpg

Best pics a 1.3 MP front facing camera will get you...

you'll be fine with PB imo. That pair on Amazon is legit. so buy, try(if O store is far from your place), but dont keep it. 475 is too much for a scratched pair.

I think they are fingerprints as opposed to scratches. The plates on my PB tend to get some smudges on them when I touch them. It rubs off with microfiber bag.

This. the gunmetal is particularly bad for fingerprints, but i wouldnt pay that much for them anyway, you can get cheaper here or even on ebay

Many thanks guys, after all your inputs, and since I needed very little effort to convince myself, I went for them.

I purchased them from an online store where I have got several pairs before, and who displayed them as in stock,at a reasonable 400 dollars. The bad news is that they called me this morning to apologize because they have them in stock by mistake, and had to get them from the Luxotica-Oakley distributor. Obvious to say that few minutes later I received another call, stating that the distributor did not have them since they were discontinued.
The good part is that they asked whether they could offer me any other model, I replied that was only interested in PB or Xmetal,and since they did not have any X-metal on the webpage...to which they replied that they had not xmetals on the webpage because they had only one pair remaining, laying around in some forgotten shelf. After waiting a couple of minutes the lady on the phone confirmed that they were still there and were a pair of infinite hero juliets, and since they were the last pair, they were on sale for 250 dollars. :shock:

Needless to say that they are already underway.

Anyways, I will keep on searching for the PB...

Back