• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SGH Exclusive Handpainted Glasses

Aside from the Peterson frogskins are these the only other sunglasses that Oakley has painted? They only made 25 Holbrook and 25 Batwolf how rare is that for these styles?

let me give it a shot at a reply to this dude, disclaimer that it's just to the best of my knowledge. =)

I would say that the Petterson frogs and these SGH exclusives were the only 2 Handpainted pairs that were made available to the public. i do know of handpainted pairs given to folks, that were one-offs. the owner/site creator of OR's handpainted flying tiger oil rig comes to mind.

and depending on your definition, there are other releases that were made available to the public, that were somewhat technically painted as well. the MODA3 frogs, Atmos frogs, Splatter Mumbos etc. and there were the TDF radars? there was a youtube clip floating around abt that guy from HQ, Adam Smythe i think his name was, creating/painting one of the TDF radars. and of coz, you may also have your one-offs which happen to make their way to the hands of collectors, like the OTT that Adam painted, and i'm lucky to have one of them. =)

The STPL Razor Blades were also each individually hand painted, so no one of them is alike. The navy blue frame was hand painted with white splashes to evoke the feeling of the surf breaking on waves.

Back