1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Went to one of the local Sun Glass Huts this afternoon to see what their Black Friday sales were. Their promotion was buy a pair of regular priced glasses and and get a free clearnance pair of equal or lesser value. I went over to see what they had for clearance and they had two X Metal Juliets (04-146). The price of the Juliets were $239.98.

The kicker is that they didn't have any regular priced Oakleys at that value, unless I bought more than one pair. I decided to pass.

I was more surprised that they had two pair of Juliets.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Dang really? I went to like 3-4 SGH and the employees all asked what my X Squareds were because they never seen em before. I showed them off saying they were a "new" version of Juliets and they didn't even know what Juliets were lol.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

I didn't even bother going to SGH. LOL

I went to the Vault and O Store. Not much I wanted to buy. Picked up an Emerald Iridium Crowbar lens and a lanyard.

4. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Nice! I went to the O store to buy XS replacement lenses but they didn't stock any and I didn't feel like ordering!

5. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

The rep I talk to often mentioned that none of the stores carry XS replacement lenses. Weird.

6. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

The Sunglass hut near me had one X Squared on sale. It was a display model and was sold as such, and had scratches everywhere. I tried to bargain and talk them down, but didn't work. I asked about the Juliet's, and they said its been discontinued for 6 years. :confused:

7. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

How much was the X Squared? I was totally surprised that they had the Juliets at this SGH. I have never seen any X-Metals at any SGH. When I tried them on...I wasn't sure if they looked right on me. It could be because I walked in wearing a pair of Antix...but they looked really small on my mug.

They definintely had a few pair that are on my want list, that I could buy to justify picking up the Juliets...I am just not sold on the Juliets yet. If it was the X-Squared, I would have walked out with them.

8. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

It was on sale for around $189. But this was a pure disaster piece man...the lenses were emerald I believe, but had nicks all over. The frame was scuffed up as well. I just used them as a demo and they fit really well on me. I personally thought they looked good, but when I tried them on at the O Vault, they said it looked a little wide and the Juliet's were for me. Who knows.

9. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

looks like SGH will never understand how to treat the glasses right!?
    idiots . . .

10. Coolluke

Coolluke Oakley Beginner

Yeah I walked into a SGH with some X-Metal Juliets with ruby lenses. They had no idea what they were. I've never seen an X-metal at a SGH or any dealer in Louisiana