• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shaun White Batwolf Icons - SGH Limited Edition

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
It actually doesn't say that on the coupon, also there is really no easy way to verify if I work for the company still. The code is just a generic 4 digit code for the POS system. Plus everyone works on commission so unless someone brought in a coupon for an associate that got fired for stealing or being a **** then we wouldn't take it. Kinda like when stores will give out the mall associate discount to some customers even though they aren't mall associates. Its all about making the customer happy and getting a sale. The markup on sunglasses and eyewear is just ****ing stupid so even with half off they are still making good money.

Just thought id mention it because when our store gets them if we don't know the associate we call the store that the coupon came from...just don't want anyone to get denied without knowing the risk didn't mean to hijack the thread....

Also you know the pay structure is not mainly commission based its dependent on making goal ans how much commission is based on how much over goal we are...sorry that always gets to me when people assume we are trying troops only sell. Them the most expensive pair for commission. :) lol

And very quick sidenote average profit on a pair is 9-12% after r&d production transportation and payment of employees involved but that's a different discussion ...

Some people reacted to this post.
Dude you can keep believing that all you want, but its wrong about the average profit. Lets take the Maui Jims that SGH sold. The pairs that they sold for $300ish, SGH bought for around $70-80 each. Yes there are other store expenses added after that but not $200 worth. Thats from a company SGH/Lux doesn't own. Now for Oakley you have to think, Luxottica owns oakley. So when SGH buys oakleys from oakley they pay say $70 for a pair but you have to figure in, Luxottica is the manufacture, distributor and retailer. That is 3 times the profits for them. I'm not sure how many months you have been with SGH but there are a lot of things you learn being in management over the years with them. Being a market manager I saw many forms that would tell prices of everything we sold. Also just common sense tells you we make more then 9-12% a pair. When you get in your monthly P&L report most stores were having a net profit around 20-35% that wouldnt be possible with such a low profit per pair. If it wouldn't be for me possibly getting sued, I would post some of the excel spreadsheets I saw.

Way off topic in your own thread bud I'm not trying to get on your bad side but. There is way more to it than what you as a market manager would seen..I've been with them long enough but I also did my senior research paper on luxottica ( degree in economics) and since they are publicly traded all financial statements are public if you know how to find them ...when its all said and done there isn't that much money per pair made they rely on the brand image...but like I said not trying to get on your bad side or start an argument lets just agree to disagree

Then get out of my thread instead of coming in to it to trash, if you had a thought on the coupon, that is something you PM me about, not try and slander my thread about it.

I understand there is a lot of back end cost but they do also make a ton of profit. Which is more then around 10% overall. Yeah there might be a special prada or limited pair that isn't marked up as much but overall they make a killing on each pair. Go look at your stores P&L report and it will show you. They factor in all the costs there. which on average a store will be around the 20% net profit mark. Most are higher and they shoot for over 25%.

Here I won't just talk out my ass like you: How Fat Is the Markup on Designer Sunglasses? | Moneyland | TIME.com

An Italian manufacturer called Luxottica, which makes shades for Dolce &Gabbana, Oakley, Ray-Ban, Prada, Chanel, Donna Karan, REVO, and Versace—yes, these are other pricey brands are all made by the same company—says it earns a hefty gross profit of 64¢ on each $1 in sales. And here’s another fact you’ve probably suspected but never knew for sure: The $300 pair of sunglasses doesn’t protect your eyes any better than the $100 pair, and chances are the pair that costs $40—or even $4—does the job pretty well too.

Yes that is gross profit not net but they still come out way ahead then your 7-11%. You might want to go back to school, or actually you are the slow type they like at luxottica and you can become a career manager making 30K a year. GL

ALL Batwolf icons are sold. PLEASE CLOSE and ill open a new thread if I wanna sell anything else.

congrats dude!

:closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.