• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shhhh!!! Don't tell wifey...

Awesome pickup! I was thinking about buying these, but I thought the lens seemed a little big. How do they compare to the Half Jacket XLJ or the Flak Jacket Standard?

oh,you have no idea how many times i've had to keep my new pair in the car and make sure i remember to take them off before i go near my wife....
lmao! i got over it already... if she doesnt like it... TOO BAD!
she'll get used to it...haha.
nice pick up!
and if you're in the market for a pair of Fast Jackets!
i have a pair of XLJ's Polarized NIB that i'm looking to get rid of!

Awesome pickup! I was thinking about buying these, but I thought the lens seemed a little big. How do they compare to the Half Jacket XLJ or the Flak Jacket Standard?

Thanks!

Compared to the HJ XLJ...there is slightly less coverage on the bottom of the standard lens on these, same as you'd experience with the standard HJ's. I haven't compared the lenses side by side yet, but the 2.0's feel like they wrap around a little better than the original HJ's, giving more coverage on the sides. I'm hoping that they'll eventually have XLJ lenses available for these.

As far as comparing the 2.0's to the original HJ's and Flak Jackets...if the two styles were to hook up behind Oakley R&D doors, this would be the bastard son :wink:, LOL. I'd even go as far as saying that maybe they should've released these as Flak Jacket 2.0's instead. These only come in Asian fit, and since this my first ever Asian fit Oakley's, I can't really say what's different in fit and feel. Other than the arms being slightly tighter against my temples and above my ears (similar to the FJ's), everything else feels the same...even the nose bombs don't really fit or feel any different. I guess it actually sits slightly closer to my face than my HJ XLJ's (more like the FJ's), but without my eyelashes touching the lenses (lovin' that!). There's some negligible light leakage from the top, but I have the same issue with my original HJ's so it doesn't bother me. Overall, I like the style performance of the HJ 2.0's and I think this will eventually replace my original HJ's as my everyday pair. Hope that helps!

oh,you have no idea how many times i've had to keep my new pair in the car and make sure i remember to take them off before i go near my wife....
lmao! i got over it already... if she doesnt like it... TOO BAD!
she'll get used to it...haha.
nice pick up!
and if you're in the market for a pair of Fast Jackets!
i have a pair of XLJ's Polarized NIB that i'm looking to get rid of!

Hahaha, thanks Johnny! Yup, wifey is already showing signs of confusion so it shouldn't be long before I can buy in peace! LOL!

I saw your post in the exchange area...very tempting, but I think I'll have to wait a little while until the dust settles on this pick up! Thanks for the reminder though!

Latest Posts

Back