1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

anyone else run into this? I just went on the Canada post website and its all ridiculously steep. $40 for basic parcel with no tracking to australia. from the US its about $10/15..

whats the deal? makes it tough to buy from canada

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

I ship/buy stuff from a forum member on here who lives in Canada, and for him it's about $20 to ship from there to US. to Ship there, its about $20 for priority...i hate it lol.

3. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah its $40 by ground to australia, $75 by air. lets compare - its $10 by ground from the US and $30 max express. whassup canada LOL. do they use gold-eating dragons to courier their mail?

4. yoshi1984

yoshi1984 I love working Dispatch

Lol...

5. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

6. Nemesis

Nemesis Oakley Beginner

My recent experience seems to have been the opposite. I shipped a small padded envelope from Ontario to Poland, and it was half the price of shipping a similar padded envelope to Calgary. I find it all very confusing.

7. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

For basic air service (non-express), Canada is pretty reasonable.
    A small packet (needs to be less than 2cm deep and max 500g) is $5.09 to anywhere in the world. $2.60 to the US.

For a deeper item, the key is to make sure it is at least 14x9x1 cm. For a usual Oakley box, it is smaller than that. If you hit that dimension, it's about $8 to the US and $13 internationally.

*Both of the above are for basic service with no tracking/signature. Anything express from Canada is BEYOND expensive. $25 minimum for US and double that internationally.

I guess the difference is that Canada Post is taking advantage of their monopoly.

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

ha. good insights, thanks guys.