• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping To Brazil

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

Hi ,

Has anybody got any experience shipping to Brazil either positive or negative,Any information would be useful thanks.

So if an item sold though Ebay is shipped to Brazil, payed for prior to shipping and with a disclaimer that the seller is not responsible for the item after it leaves the country of origin ,Where is the risk?

Is the seller still legally liable if the item disappears in customs for example?

VERY risky... Customs there is quite shady...

HI,
i'm a Brazilian Oakley X-Metal Lover, and much X-metals of my collection i've purchased through ebay, what i can say is the brazilian customs take much time do process the packages, but all of my purchases were delivered even with a long time waiting,
what happen is that some new brazilian buyers gave negative feedback to ebay sellers because the long time of waiting to clear the customs here in Brazil, other people here too are dishonest, that is a "brazilian fame" in entire world

Ps: Sorry for my poor english.

So if an item sold though Ebay is shipped to Brazil, payed for prior to shipping and with a disclaimer that the seller is not responsible for the item after it leaves the country of origin ,Where is the risk?

Is the seller still legally liable if the item disappears in customs for example?

Yes, you are still liable. The buyer paid you to deliver the item, not put it in the post and then fingers crossed hope it gets delivered. If the buyer doesn't receive the item then you will need to refund them. You will have to separately get compensation from the post office for the lost item.

If the buyer used PayPal to pay then PayPal will automatically refund the buyer if they say it hasn't arrived as the seller has to prove delivery via online tracking. If you didn't use a tracked service and the buyer falsely claims the item didn't arrive then again PayPal will side with the buyer and the seller will be out of pocket.

In ebay's eyes, YES!! Before I stopped ebaying, I eliminated all Brazilian based transactions due to the fraud, lost items, and being TAXED, yes taxed, when the buyer REFUSED to pay the duties because of the disclosed amount. almost every person tried to get me to disclose at a low value, which opens you as the seller up to all sorts of problems should a loss arise, and would ding stars and feedback when I didn't. So, simple fix, stop selling there. Fedex ONLY if you do, but you will have to pay for the return trip back if the buyer decides NOT to pay the taxes/duties and refuses it. So, you will pay shipping TWICE because ebay will refund him 100% plus shipping as policy, and you will be out...Good luck

Thanks for the info guys.
No luck required here Dr Chop,its not going to happen.

Back