• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Traded Shipping to Overseas Best Practices - Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Not sure if this is needed but i recently shipped 2 items overseas and i am certain i should have been more aware of the pitfalls. (and i though i had in hindsight)

One item was sent to Japan via USPS but once it left the states there was no tracking. It did show leaving and the only recourse i had was to use the japanpost.com site. which was a waste of time to be sure.

The other was shipped to China (USPS) and in that instance it seems was lost. Unfortunately, the person i sent it to had 2 bad experiences in the past, (another item was lost getting to him)(the other was broken) .
Had i known that i might have forgone shipping it overseas.

There is/was no way to track if he ever gets it and i have to trust that if it shows up he will refund the cash back to me. ( i have some faith in people).

I would like to find out how to best ship something by the people that have done this before. Honestly i dont think i will. The Japan shippment made it there, (by the grace of god) and got there in one piece!

Would like to put together something for anyone considering shipping and what they should do to prevent a possible loss or broken item.

thanks.

Some people reacted to this post.
If u pay for priority express it tracks it. First class only gives you a customs number. That extra $30-40 in shipping makes a difference. I always let someone know either way and have them pick their poison. I have has members fork over $100 for UPS /FEDEX also. But buyer always pays for shipping.

Double box it and ems express shipping is trackable and insured up to 500 .. Bad part is about 50 shipping a boxed pair of sunglasses! Most times get it in 4 to 5days. I have shipped oakleys all over the world and received too.

whats ems express? i always package my items well. (I make boxes for a living so i can create a kick ass strong box!!)

thanks

Username Hidden said:
whats ems express? i always package my items well. (I make boxes for a living so i can create a kick ass strong box!!)

thanks
If you send express from post office to any where around the world they use Ems. It is thee global shipping company,huge does billions in sales

Ok, i'll do some more research. Kind of don't want anyone else to have the same headache i got.

Username Hidden said:
If u pay for priority express it tracks it. First class only gives you a customs number. That extra $30-40 in shipping makes a difference. I always let someone know either way and have them pick their poison. I have has members fork over $100 for UPS /FEDEX also. But buyer always pays for shipping.

ahh. makes sense and yes that is what i did. first class title is misleading.. lol.. sad part is the extra cost is probably gonna toss the price over the actual cost or value. I shipped something and the location was Anchorage, ak. i was like. oh, theres a Anchorage in Arkansas? ok.. i can pick up the shipping.

Doh!! Lost what i paid for the item by quite abit.. where is a 5th grader when you need one.. lol..

I got tons of bad shipment and all of them when I'm buying oakley from the states even when using express priority!!! but never lost single one package when shipping from Indonesia to rest of the world specially to the US

Username Hidden said:

that's why I always choose the expensive poison from you.LOL

Username Hidden said:
Not sure if this is needed but i recently shipped 2 items overseas and i am certain i should have been more aware of the pitfalls. (and i though i had in hindsight)

One item was sent to Japan via USPS but once it left the states there was no tracking. It did show leaving and the only recourse i had was to use the japanpost.com site. which was a waste of time to be sure.

The other was shipped to China (USPS) and in that instance it seems was lost. Unfortunately, the person i sent it to had 2 bad experiences in the past, (another item was lost getting to him)(the other was broken) .
Had i known that i might have forgone shipping it overseas.

There is/was no way to track if he ever gets it and i have to trust that if it shows up he will refund the cash back to me. ( i have some faith in people).

I would like to find out how to best ship something by the people that have done this before. Honestly i dont think i will. The Japan shippment made it there, (by the grace of god) and got there in one piece!

Would like to put together something for anyone considering shipping and what they should do to prevent a possible loss or broken item.

thanks.
Happened to me also..shipping to Illinois..
tracking here is a premium, it doubles the price of shipping..
I learned my lesson..

You can ask your buyer how they want it shipped. You can also negotiate to have them pay for shipping. It's all about proper communication.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back