• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping To Singapore

dayummJOHN

Banned
Trying to make a sale to BRiP!
But every quote i'm getting on shipping is coming out at upwards of $60?
However i've heard that y'all had some luck getting stuff shipped for about $10?
Any insight?
I'd like to send some stuff his way!

Sneaky Bastards... it shows me all the $60-80 options,but the "first class" drop down menu is pretty well hidden...
thank you sir!

First Class is most inexpensive on USPS.

Noteable: (Small) Priority Mail International Flat Rate boxes ship for about $17 and get there in 6-10 days.

First Class is most inexpensive on USPS.

Noteable: (Small) Priority Mail International Flat Rate boxes ship for about $17 and get there in 6-10 days.

I wouldnt use a small priority box to ship glasses, not much room for crush protection.

BriP can attest to my methods, I've sent him a couple packages.

Rustpot's Method for International Transit of Oakleys
I use a fresh corrugated 6x6x6 or 8x8x8 box and brown wet tape. I've seen USPS brand boxes show up torn and broken, flattened, crushed, everthing. USPS boxes are cheap. Some are better than others, but they're still cheap.

Stick to a small cube shape and the box is less likely to be stacked in a pile. If you stay under 10" per side you can ship for lower rates based only on weight. I've shipped a pair of Racing Jackets (Gen1, non folding) in an 8x8x8 box for $3 domestic. I've sent packages to Singapore, Germany, and Australia for less than $10.

Stick to fresh boxes for overseas or longer journeys. Once they've been stressed the cardboard loses a lot of its rigidity. Once they've been folded a few times the flaps won't try to spring open and the box will lose rigidity. Or the flaps won't line up and the box will lose rigidity.

Use a properly designed box. We have packaging engineers for a reason. Boxes with a seam in the center of a face aren't as strong. Boxes with flaps that don't meet flush aren't as strong. Boxes with little to no corrugation and few layers aren't as strong. Boxes small enough to get lost WILL get lost. Boxes with large faces aren't as strong. Don't use too big of a box, but don't use too small of a box. Ideally It should be small enough to be sorted with small parcels, and large enough to never be left behind in a bin or fall between seats. 6x6x6 at minimum.

If in doubt, over tape. If the flaps don't line up straight and there are gaps add tape.

Use a shipping label, even if it's hand written. Don't write directly on the box, the ink is more likely to run if the cardboard gets wet.

Add a minimum of double layer of bubble wrap to the bottom of the package. Wrap the item in at least two layers, place the item into the box such that the wrap around the item is slightly compressed to the sides of the box. Add bubble wrap as needed to achieve tension. Add two layers or more on top. The goal is to fill ALL of the volume of the box so the contents don't shift. If the top flaps bulge slightly press them down so they're square and tape that sucker up. A few bubbles will pop before the item is disturbed, that's the goal of bubble wrap. No need to tape the bubble wrap, there's enough tension to hold it together if you've done it right.

DO NOT USE PACKING PEANUTS. If your box is torn you will lose all shipping support for the item. Sheets of bubble wrap will stay in place.

USPS international carries a minimum insurance. You don't always need to buy additional insurance.

The US Customs form has a tracking number. Normal tracking won't work in many instances, but the US Customs tag will be able to track items stuck at customs.

Don't ship to shady people. May be a bit odd, but I try to not do international business with people who aren't established on a forum for any item worth over $100. They may try to burn you, they may not be willing to work with you on delays and issues, not worth the hassle.

BriP can attest to my methods, I've sent him a couple packages.

Rustpot's Method for International Transit of Oakleys
I use a fresh corrugated 6x6x6 or 8x8x8 box and brown wet tape. I've seen USPS brand boxes show up torn and broken, flattened, crushed, everthing. USPS boxes are cheap. Some are better than others, but they're still cheap.

Stick to a small cube shape and the box is less likely to be stacked in a pile. If you stay under 10" per side you can ship for lower rates based only on weight. I've shipped a pair of Racing Jackets (Gen1, non folding) in an 8x8x8 box for $3 domestic. I've sent packages to Singapore, Germany, and Australia for less than $10.

Stick to fresh boxes for overseas or longer journeys. Once they've been stressed the cardboard loses a lot of its rigidity. Once they've been folded a few times the flaps won't try to spring open and the box will lose rigidity. Or the flaps won't line up and the box will lose rigidity.

Use a properly designed box. We have packaging engineers for a reason. Boxes with a seam in the center of a face aren't as strong. Boxes with flaps that don't meet flush aren't as strong. Boxes with little to no corrugation and few layers aren't as strong. Boxes small enough to get lost WILL get lost. Boxes with large faces aren't as strong. Don't use too big of a box, but don't use too small of a box. Ideally It should be small enough to be sorted with small parcels, and large enough to never be left behind in a bin or fall between seats. 6x6x6 at minimum.

If in doubt, over tape. If the flaps don't line up straight and there are gaps add tape.

Use a shipping label, even if it's hand written. Don't write directly on the box, the ink is more likely to run if the cardboard gets wet.

Add a minimum of double layer of bubble wrap to the bottom of the package. Wrap the item in at least two layers, place the item into the box such that the wrap around the item is slightly compressed to the sides of the box. Add bubble wrap as needed to achieve tension. Add two layers or more on top. The goal is to fill ALL of the volume of the box so the contents don't shift. If the top flaps bulge slightly press them down so they're square and tape that sucker up. A few bubbles will pop before the item is disturbed, that's the goal of bubble wrap. No need to tape the bubble wrap, there's enough tension to hold it together if you've done it right.

DO NOT USE PACKING PEANUTS. If your box is torn you will lose all shipping support for the item. Sheets of bubble wrap will stay in place.

USPS international carries a minimum insurance. You don't always need to buy additional insurance.

The US Customs form has a tracking number. Normal tracking won't work in many instances, but the US Customs tag will be able to track items stuck at customs.

Don't ship to shady people. May be a bit odd, but I try to not do international business with people who aren't established on a forum for any item worth over $100. They may try to burn you, they may not be willing to work with you on delays and issues, not worth the hassle.

good man rustie, i;ve always found the packages you send me to be in tip top order. thanks for all the effort that goes into it

How long does it usually take for shipping from the States to Singapore? Using USPS First class Package International Registered Mail? I'm expecting a parcel that was suppose to be sent out on the 11th Oct but till date when i checked the USPS tracking it just shows item processed through New York facility on 14th Oct and no updates since... Is this normal?

How long does it usually take for shipping from the States to Singapore? Using USPS First class Package International Registered Mail? I'm expecting a parcel that was suppose to be sent out on the 11th Oct but till date when i checked the USPS tracking it just shows item processed through New York facility on 14th Oct and no updates since... Is this normal?
For first class package usual takes 2 weeks on average.