• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping to USA from EU: HELP

rino

Oakley Enthusiast
Italy
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to ship my R2 to X-Man for a complete service, but once i found a nice price with UPS Express Saver, I've the following problems:

- it seems that from Italy to USA is not possible to ship without signature
- it seems that who receive the package must pay custom duties even if it's not a sale

Is there an Italian forum member that has already shipped something to Mark without issues?

Thank you

TO the USA or FROM the USA?

You should be either asking CBP or Italian Customs!

To the USA, if I put 200, you don't pay custom. From USA here we pay from 35€... No comment...

To call Italian Customs you said??? We are in Italy, they simply don't answer to the phone :p

That's correct, the shipment to the US won't have any US customs charges. Actually the cap is like $800 IIRC before customs are charged.

Sig required is another issue; last I heard @THE X-MAN specifies not to send sig required. I'd ask him about it, see if he can accommodate you in this case.

I'll do what I have to do to help the poor bloke out..........signature required isn't an issue for me anymore,i have a designated signee with the postmaster general now.so if you guys want to send insured or Sig req......go ahead.

To the USA, if I put 200, you don't pay custom. From USA here we pay from 35€... No comment...

To call Italian Customs you said??? We are in Italy, they simply don't answer to the phone :p

I think you are pretty sure regarding the price without customs - 35 EUR, almost the same is here in Poland - 45 EUR not including shipment cost , insurance etc. just the value of the goods - but just between person to person ( not company - person ). Company to person case is 150 EUR without customs. Up to 700 EUR taxation should be 2,5%. Please have in mind that customs is just one thing - second one is taxation which is always from 22 EUR up to 150 EUR ( below 22EUR no taxation occurs ).

It should be really comparable....

Latest Posts

Back