• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping Your Oakleys Intl

bonito09

Oakley Beginner
just wondering what you guys use when shipping internationally. on ebay i always see that they use USPS for intl shipping and i wonder if that maybe the fastest and safest way to ship oakleys. im from the philippines and having an item pass through philpost is just taking to damn long!! what's best way to ship internationally?

ive had good experience with usps, honestly none are going to be perfect or the best, they all suck in their own ways', but i just use USPS, it's priced reasonably well and it's been reliable for me. i hate fedex...

If you're buying from the US then USPS is the cheapest and not that much slower than FedEx, UPS, or DHL. Sometime I ses sellers quoting prices that make buying the actual item not worth it, but that's because they use FedEx or similar. I always see if they will send it USPS instead, it's the best option overall.

When I sell internationl I use either Royal Mail International Signed For or Royal Mail Airsure. I've never posted to the Philippines but I have posted to Japan, Malaysia, and Singapore, and it normally takes a week. I even sold a pair of Frogskins to a buyer in Thailand and they arrived in 3 days.

USPS all the way!! Fedex, UPS, etc will charge a ridiculous amount of shipping fee.

...and goodluck with the corrupt officials/employees at Bureau of customs.

USPS all the way!! Fedex, UPS, etc will charge a ridiculous amount of shipping fee.

...and goodluck with the corrupt officials/employees at Bureau of customs.

that's the main reason i dont like it passing thru the philpost crap haha

I've bought 2 pairs of Oakley off eBay from sellers in the U.S. Both used USPS and both took around 10 days to reach me here in Australia (which isn't too bad in my opinion) When my Mambo Antix arrived yesterday the postage price on the box read $42.50 (but the seller only charged me $20)

I've also purchased a $2,600 watch from a diamond jeweler in New York who used FedEx. That cost me $50 in postage and took around 8 days, so from my end I don't see too much difference personally.

I've also purchased stuff from China and they used EMS which surprisingly has actually been the best so far!! Shipping was at no extra charge to my purchase! Made the order on a Sunday night and it was on my doorstep first thing Friday morning!

My most recent purchase has been from a guy in Germany, he is using DHL (I think that's what it's called?) Still waiting on that tho as it was only done a few days ago (bought some NIB London Police GASCAN for $180) so I'll see how that goes.

Oh, just remembered I bought a Lance Armstrong poster from a guy in Italy too! Can't remember what postal service that was through tho, but I'll let you know how that went too!

Geez.... Why can't I get any good deals here in Australia? LOL!

Back