• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shocktube? I don't get it...

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
Okay, Shocktube? I love love love the Split Jacket. And, I decided to give the shock tube a try. Very cool BUT!

No clear lense option? No any replacement lense option really, Um... Prizm Deep or any of the good lenses not really an option "Good thing it has a key to change the lense"- sarcasm.

No frame gaskets. basically this is a novelty. Novelty items don't belong on Si. at least "functional" ones.. Well, You know what I mean...

Did I miss something here?

I was not impressed with them either...more so because of the fit and no option for larger nose pieces.
Though plastic....they cried out louder......."Plasticy!!!"

Most frames don't come out with replacement lenses immediately thru SI...takes a few months. From a marketing point, it's kind of ignorant to invest in a variety of lenses for a product that ends up not selling well.

They have lenses in their system, just not for sale just yet. Water Prizms as well as all other released lenses will be available. This info was given a week or so after the Shocktube was released, so there will probably be more, and should be anytime now.

I think they're very functional. Rated and safety tested for MIL spec, yet blend in as a daily wearer. I think it was a new concept and sales bring new accessories for them.

I love the 2 pairs I got, and so do the 2 others I got pairs for. I'm sure we will see more done with them since the sales have been so well

Most frames don't come out with replacement lenses immediately thru SI...takes a few months. From a marketing point, it's kind of ignorant to invest in a variety of lenses for a product that ends up not selling well.

They have lenses in their system, just not for sale just yet. Water Prizms as well as all other released lenses will be available. This info was given a week or so after the Shocktube was released, so there will probably be more, and should be anytime now.

I think they're very functional. Rated and safety tested for MIL spec, yet blend in as a daily wearer. I think it was a new concept and sales bring new accessories for them.

I love the 2 pairs I got, and so do the 2 others I got pairs for. I'm sure we will see more done with them since the sales have been so well

That's good to hear, none the less I am a little skeptical. (I wanted to love these and they are fine as a standard pair for safety and spec, i can appreciate that)

Basically, these are a clone of the Split Jacket or Jawbone but with less features. I have all three and when you line them up.. No head strap, limited lens options, same look, no gasket, .No need for a key to switch out the lenses on SJ. Is this a step backwards? Time will tell but marketing seems to rule over practicality these days. But that's is a whole other thread.:popcorn:

At least you have yours haha... mine were supposed to be delivered today but the train they were on derailed (i assume the one tragedy in texas) so now im not sure what or where to turn. No word on when they might get back heading my direction

At least you have yours haha... mine were supposed to be delivered today but the train they were on derailed (i assume the one tragedy in texas) so now im not sure what or where to turn. No word on when they might get back heading my direction
OMG! thats crazy.

I had the same feeling when I did a review on them.

SI Ballistic Shocktube Review - All style, no substance

Like you said, they feel like they're missing functional pieces. Strap and wind gasket, or some other cool thing like the entire lower jaw unlocking like the Jawbreaker.

Great looking pair, very functional, ballistic impact protection well above Z87, but that's where it ends.

Oh Wow! I see this has already prompted a full on reviews with the same common denominator. I did not see this :eek:

Back