1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Christopher Williams

Christopher Williams Oakley Beginner

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere else on the forums to post this. Wasn't sure if I should have combined this with my other thread, but here it goes. As per my "recent purchase" thread I just picked up a pair of Matte Black / Black Iridium Polarized Pit Boss 2. However I noticed on one of the ear stems the unobtainium/rubber pieces isn't flush with the rest of the ear stem like on the other ear stem, and there is a small(but noticeable) gap there. I'm definitely not one to nitpick, but is this something I should be concerned with? Normally I wouldn't but $600 is a lot for sunglasses, and I was a bit concerned. Should I swap them out for another pair, or should I just enjoy them? Is this normal? Thanks for the help, this place has been awesome so far!
    Should I Be Concerned? - Untitled40.jpeg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

If it will drive you crazy swap them out. Hopefully where you picked them up from will understand. Also depends on how long you had them.

3. Christopher Williams

I got them last saturday, so I should be good there. I work retail, and hate it when people try and return products for frivolous reasons so we'll see. I think it's driving me crazy just knowing it's there, but I don't think I will lose sleep over it. I just wanted a second opinion, thanks!

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Give it a shot. Hopefully it works out. You can only try and see.

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

If it bugs you now it will bug you in 6 months, a year, etc.

Take them in, they might just need to be pushed on right to get the rubber to clip in all the way.

6. nyhokie

nyhokie Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

Had a similar experience with a pair of Juliet's. They had an imperfection on the underneath part of the nose bridge. I knew it was going to drive me nuts. I was hesitant, but I packaged everything up, and brought it back to the O store two days later and explained situation. They couldn't have been more understanding and swapped them out with another pair no questions asked.

In retrospect I was probably a bit anal, but for the price of these sunglasses you should be 100% satisfied with them. I would take your pair back and kindly explain that you would like another.

7. Christopher Williams

Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like I'll be going back today. On a regular pair I might just deal with it, but this pair is worth the shot for peace of mind. Thanks again!

8. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

For a $600 pair, you should definitely take them back and get a proper pair. If you got them at the O Store, they will have no problem doing this for you.

Christopher Williams likes this.
  9. Christopher Williams

UPDATE: The gentleman couldn't have been more understanding, and swapped them out no questions asked! Superb customer service at the Oakley Vault store.

Oakley_Sight likes this.
  10. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Why wouldnt he? You dropped 600 bones on a pair of shades! Even a 200 dollar pair should be perfect!

Christopher Williams likes this.