• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Be Concerned?

Christopher Williams

Oakley Enthusiast
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find anywhere else on the forums to post this. Wasn't sure if I should have combined this with my other thread, but here it goes. As per my "recent purchase" thread I just picked up a pair of Matte Black / Black Iridium Polarized Pit Boss 2. However I noticed on one of the ear stems the unobtainium/rubber pieces isn't flush with the rest of the ear stem like on the other ear stem, and there is a small(but noticeable) gap there. I'm definitely not one to nitpick, but is this something I should be concerned with? Normally I wouldn't but $600 is a lot for sunglasses, and I was a bit concerned. Should I swap them out for another pair, or should I just enjoy them? Is this normal? Thanks for the help, this place has been awesome so far!
Untitled40.jpeg

If it will drive you crazy swap them out. Hopefully where you picked them up from will understand. Also depends on how long you had them.

If it will drive you crazy swap them out. Hopefully where you picked them up from will understand. Also depends on how long you had them.
I got them last saturday, so I should be good there. I work retail, and hate it when people try and return products for frivolous reasons so we'll see. I think it's driving me crazy just knowing it's there, but I don't think I will lose sleep over it. I just wanted a second opinion, thanks!

If it bugs you now it will bug you in 6 months, a year, etc.

Take them in, they might just need to be pushed on right to get the rubber to clip in all the way.

Had a similar experience with a pair of Juliet's. They had an imperfection on the underneath part of the nose bridge. I knew it was going to drive me nuts. I was hesitant, but I packaged everything up, and brought it back to the O store two days later and explained situation. They couldn't have been more understanding and swapped them out with another pair no questions asked.

In retrospect I was probably a bit anal, but for the price of these sunglasses you should be 100% satisfied with them. I would take your pair back and kindly explain that you would like another.

Had a similar experience with a pair of Juliet's. They had an imperfection on the underneath part of the nose bridge. I knew it was going to drive me nuts. I was hesitant, but I packaged everything up, and brought it back to the O store two days later and explained situation. They couldn't have been more understanding and swapped them out with another pair no questions asked.

In retrospect I was probably a bit anal, but for the price of these sunglasses you should be 100% satisfied with them. I would take your pair back and kindly explain that you would like another.

Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like I'll be going back today. On a regular pair I might just deal with it, but this pair is worth the shot for peace of mind. Thanks again!

Back