• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I go X Metal with Used Polished Juliets?

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I'm not a big fan of polished frames, although there are a few exceptions, they are too "flashy" for me. Now I was able to get a used polished juliet on the cheap (hate the polish but love the hammertems), lenses are toast, but the frame seems to be in good condition and I'll be picking them up tomorrow.
Now my question here is, would it lose it value if I go X Metal finish?
I don't usually sell my frames, I'm the sorta guy who wears the crap out of them and when ever I get bored I'll just store them for a few years, switch to a different model, and then find them in the storage room and wear them again. But sometimes we all need money or just run out of space and we need to let things go, plus I dont want to ruin a nice frame (I believe polished juliets are harder to find).
So, what do you guys think? Will it be better to sell them as is, restore them and sell, or go Xmetal and wear them 'til I hate 'em?
I know the usual answer is, "make it yours and don't mind what others say" but I already have a carbon Juliet which I love and will probably never sell, so I'm still not sure if I want a 2nd pair. Also do the hammerstems make the fit smaller? if they do, then all of this is a no go since I'm quite sure they won't fit me. Anyway, any comment or feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!

1.png

I'm not a big fan of polished frames, although there are a few exceptions, they are too "flashy" for me. Now I was able to get a used polished juliet on the cheap (hate the polish but love the hammertems), lenses are toast, but the frame seems to be in good condition and I'll be picking them up tomorrow.
Now my question here is, would it lose it value if I go X Metal finish?
I don't usually sell my frames, I'm the sorta guy who wears the crap out of them and when ever I get bored I'll just store them for a few years, switch to a different model, and then find them in the storage room and wear them again. But sometimes we all need money or just run out of space and we need to let things go, plus I dont want to ruin a nice frame (I believe polished juliets are harder to find).
So, what do you guys think? Will it be better to sell them as is, restore them and sell, or go Xmetal and wear them 'til I hate 'em?
I know the usual answer is, "make it yours and don't mind what others say" but I already have a carbon Juliet which I love and will probably never sell, so I'm still not sure if I want a 2nd pair. Also do the hammerstems make the fit smaller? if they do, then all of this is a no go since I'm quite sure they won't fit me. Anyway, any comment or feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!

View attachment 279381
Just sell them.

Buy what you would want and let someone else enjoy a polished pair

Anodizing would also be an option add some color to your world - the factory polished finish suits that well.

.....you dont see many x metal colour juliets with hammer stems. i would go for it...

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Latest Posts

Back