1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

I'm not a big fan of polished frames, although there are a few exceptions, they are too "flashy" for me. Now I was able to get a used polished juliet on the cheap (hate the polish but love the hammertems), lenses are toast, but the frame seems to be in good condition and I'll be picking them up tomorrow.
    Now my question here is, would it lose it value if I go X Metal finish?
    I don't usually sell my frames, I'm the sorta guy who wears the crap out of them and when ever I get bored I'll just store them for a few years, switch to a different model, and then find them in the storage room and wear them again. But sometimes we all need money or just run out of space and we need to let things go, plus I dont want to ruin a nice frame (I believe polished juliets are harder to find).
    So, what do you guys think? Will it be better to sell them as is, restore them and sell, or go Xmetal and wear them 'til I hate 'em?
    I know the usual answer is, "make it yours and don't mind what others say" but I already have a carbon Juliet which I love and will probably never sell, so I'm still not sure if I want a 2nd pair. Also do the hammerstems make the fit smaller? if they do, then all of this is a no go since I'm quite sure they won't fit me. Anyway, any comment or feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again!

Should I go X Metal with Used Polished Juliets? - 1.png

pjd1234 likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. KillerCollector

KillerCollector Oakley Expert Premium Member

It doesn't seem like customs lose money. Unless you have a box and matching serial numbers, go for it!

3. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Just sell them.

Buy what you would want and let someone else enjoy a polished pair

4. KillerCollector

KillerCollector Oakley Expert Premium Member

That too.

OakleyFrankFMJ likes this.
  5. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

No serial or box for these, that's why I'm a bit less concerned about changing the finish

gulfstream likes this.
  6. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Anodizing would also be an option add some color to your world - the factory polished finish suits that well.

Fresh likes this.
  7. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

Always like Frank's answers, short and sweet :D. I want the Xmetal finish, but I don't think there are hammerstems with those right?

8. Fresh

Fresh Oakley Enthusiast

I've seen those before, they look cool but who does that nowadays?

9. mjt42

mjt42 Oakley Expert Premium Member

.....you dont see many x metal colour juliets with hammer stems. i would go for it...

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

gulfstream likes this.
  10. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

@zwc0442 ?

VolcanOG and zwc0442 like this.