• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I…(I did)

BHarry

The Eclectic Collector
Northern Nevada
I've been looking for another aluminum single wide tower for a while that won't break the bank. I found this locally and have negotiated the price down around $100. It is definitely the wrong brand, but with some rebranding I think it could be pretty cool.
image.jpg

Take off as much signage as you can, re-paint it, and add some Oakley stickers and decals. Viola, perfectly usable and acceptable stand.

I similar question was asked (by pistol pete) a while ago about a Smith display case:

Would It Be Blasphemous? | Oakley Forum

I think bottom line is rebranding as you say would be a good idea but in general most find there's no problem with using non-OEM display cases.

What I would consider is putting it next to the x-metal single wide, would it complement or clash? Up to you to say...

Take off as much signage as you can, re-paint it, and add some Oakley stickers and decals. Viola, perfectly usable and acceptable stand.

Thank you, I am leaning the same way. I started to negotiate a price and then began to second guess if it would work.

What I would consider is putting it next to the x-metal single wide, would it complement or clash? Up to you to say...

That is my biggest concern. I think it will look better than any other options I have looked at recently (except a matching tower). I think I'm going to call them and take a drive!

If nothing else, maybe you can use it for other stuff you might collect. For me, it'd be bobbleheads, Starting Lineup, and other sports memorabilia.

Back