• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Invest In BottleRockets?

depictureboy

Oakley Beginner
I am working on purchasing a new set of Oakely's. I haven't had a pair in almost 20 years and was looking at the bottlerockets. I like the way they fit and look on my face. But, it seems like Oakley doesnt have a lot of support for these lenses yet: there are no customization options, and it doesnt appear there are any real accessory lenses for them. Oh, and unless I am missing it, you can't get to the BottleRocket pages except by searching in Google.

So maybe I should stick to the more mainstream half-jacket or Flak jacket?

They came out in February....so they are still pretty new, which is why you are not seeing many lens options for them yet. You may never see lens options for them to be honest.

I like the way they fit my face, but in my opinion the O-matter feels a little cheaper than most. Maybe it's just because the arms are really thin, and maybe it's because I'm just a freak for the flak jackets :tongue: Have you tried the new half jacket 2.0? I love my pair, and not too many people have them at this point so they're not as main stream I suppose.

I actually stumbled upon the bottlerockets at a sunglass hut. I had pulled them out thinking that they were half-jackets...Since then I have really liked them, but i was with family so I didnt get a lot of browsing time. tonite I am going out again to take a look.

Back