• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Or Should I Not.

Some nice things in the DIY section :wink:
Well done man :thumb:

Any plans what to do with the icons? Black/Yellow matte racing flag???

I was thinking about doing some different lenses, but overall this finished product has good contrast and it really think it will be left alone. The gunmetal matches well, and the only lenses I feel fit this better is black Iridium, which would be a lens chop. Maybe in the future maybe not.

Thanks man!

Maybe I'll grab some maybe not, thanks for the link bro, I'm currently saving my pennies for the carbon fiber Jupiter Squared.

236 views, 23 replies, hrm a lot of lurkers on this thread. Even if you don't like them I'd love to hear it. Also today was not quite nice enough for glasses, so I should have natural lighting pictures tomorrow.

I think those came out sick! I'm not a big fan of green normally but those pop nicely. I wish Oakley would be more adventurous with colors.

Those are sweeet! Very nice colour choice, green is definitely my favourite, couldn't have done em any better.
Wish I had the guts to do a pair of my oaks in some custom colour.. or the time haha full time engineering student ftw! :cool:

Really this pair is was just so worn they really needed the restomod so I could put them into the rotation more often, my polished black fuel cells will be my high risk pair, for when I may damage them or may loose them. This pair was also 5 years old at least, so I was very attached but almost too worn to wear in public. Its nice to do this if you have the confidence in your painting skills and the proper paints you can pull off whatever you like. Or you could take it to a different level and check out Dr. Chop. IF I HAD NOT JOINED THIS FORUM, even with my past painting projects, and prior experience with painting plastics, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MOTIVATED TO DO THIS PROJECT. On this project, I took my time and the results show it IMHO.

@MissFrogger I really think you should go for it on an older pair if you do your reading on here you will have the knowledge to remove the icons correctly, and prep your project. If you still feel uncomfortable with taking on a project of this type, select a pair that you want to customize and contact Dr. Chop his work is in a different dimension, and well worth any fee for the final result.

@Im broke I'm dam glad I have this pair I wasn't so proud of them before in there terrible shape.

@oakley racer I really think what makes this pair pop so much is the matte finish I pulled off, makes them seem like a factory 1 of 1, and they are 13ThirtySeven Factory 1 OF 1. This green would not look near as good or may seem like low quality pair if they were gloss.

Thanks for the feedback, I'M TRULY SATISFIED NOW.... :cool:

Back