• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Should I Polish My Juliets?

I think I may toss them in a vibrating tumbler with some soft media see what kind of finish I get. I would like polished, but who knows.
I figure if it dosent work, I'll send 'em to Xman and get them blasted to an x-metal finish.

I think I may toss them in a vibrating tumbler with some soft media see what kind of finish I get. I would like polished, but who knows.
I figure if it dosent work, I'll send 'em to Xman and get them blasted to an x-metal finish.

If you are going to polish then punch the rivets out before starting so you can get into the nosebridge area easier. Titanium is much harder to polish than aluminum but with some elbow grease it can be made real nice. I love my polished XS and would do it to all my pairs but they are all in like new shape and I don't want to ruin the factory finish but if I can get my hands on a well used pair I'g going to go nuts on it and make it shine.

I agree with you wanting more Polished items. If I had the correct equipment, I would be polishing a bunch of my items like vaults and display pieces. I do have a bunch of polished Juliet frames tho!

I agree with you wanting more Polished items. If I had the correct equipment, I would be polishing a bunch of my items like vaults and display pieces. I do have a bunch of polished Juliet frames tho!

Actually, I wouldn't polish the vaults and x-metal display stands. They are aluminum and get smudged very easily. Somehow the titanium doesn't smudge from fingerprints as easily. But if you don't mind always wiping the aluminum they look real nice polished.

Latest Posts

Back