• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Off Your Flak Jackets!!

i've went with gascans the last couple days. but after seeing all these flaks, i'm definitely running with flak jackets today!

i really like the +red with red earsocks. are those the replacement red earsocks? or are they from a custom pair.

they're the red that Oakley sells as an accessory kit. with the custom colors you can get online, Oakley doesn't match up the nose pieces, except for "vegas gold" for some reason. i'll post up a set of online-only custom color ear socks in a bit.

they're the red that Oakley sells as an accessory kit. with the custom colors you can get online, Oakley doesn't match up the nose pieces, except for "vegas gold" for some reason. i'll post up a set of online-only custom color ear socks in a bit.

how closely does the color of the red accessory earsocks match the ducati red?

how closely does the color of the red accessory earsocks match the ducati red?

i'd say it's pretty close. i don't own any Ducati Oakley's, but i see them all the time in the stores and i think the Ducati red is a little brighter than the offered accessory sock kit. looking at the available custom colors online, Oakley has a "metallic red" which might be an even closer match, but who knows what metallic red looks like, hard to tell with the computer graphic images Oakley has on their website.

Only pair I got (polarized).

IMG_0518.jpg

Love these! Those are great looking. Love the white and the gold lenses.

I quit collecting a little while ago, but damn does this thread make me want to pick up maybe 2-3 more flak jackets lol.

I'm loving this thread, my most favorite frame is the flak jacket.....it doesn't get enough love! I have four of them.

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

Yes I admittedly like to "douche" it up with my white frames and backwards hat :p

Sorry for the horrible pic quality, the HTC camera is crap. If you can't make out what all I have, they're listed in my profile, feel free to look. Some of the frame/lense combos have changed though.

Here is my custom pair I lost with +red xlj and red icons....

333h345.jpg

This is my current replacement pair which is pretty neutral and can be worn with anything and even in uniform. Matte black with VR28...

Lxbtf.jpg

Back