• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shrinking Unobtainium?

hmm ive never managed to get one to shrink, although i find that if you did the boiling thing and also soaped really well (make sure theres no oil etc in it) they tend to keep shape better. the excess oils and sweat makes them swell alot.

maybe once you clean off the oils and sweat really well, they might revert to their original shape.. maybe at least partially?

hmm ive never managed to get one to shrink, although i find that if you did the boiling thing and also soaped really well (make sure theres no oil etc in it) they tend to keep shape better. the excess oils and sweat makes them swell alot.

maybe once you clean off the oils and sweat really well, they might revert to their original shape.. maybe at least partially?

I boiled them twice. A little better but still not tight. Did anyone ever make aftermarket nosepieces for this frame? The ones I got doesn't seem like it was made by Oakley. My other pair has real tight nosepieces which are a pain to take off.

I boiled them twice. A little better but still not tight. Did anyone ever make aftermarket nosepieces for this frame? The ones I got doesn't seem like it was made by Oakley. My other pair has real tight nosepieces which are a pain to take off.

Linegear is going to start, but none right now that I've ever heard

I don't know if it's possible to shrink unobtanium. At least not by any method that I've tried. I bought a pair of earsocks for a half-jacket that look like they were cut a tiny bit too long at the factory, and it has been annoying me since I installed them.

I don't know if it's possible to shrink unobtanium. At least not by any method that I've tried. I bought a pair of earsocks for a half-jacket that look like they were cut a tiny bit too long at the factory, and it has been annoying me since I installed them.

the fit on half jacket earsocks are real tight on the frame. just even out the stretch along the earstem and it should sit properly

Latest Posts

Back