• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SI Ballistic Shocktube Review - All style, no substance

Do the earsocks have some grip to them? Where did ya pick those up at? I would like to throw those on my shock tubes also. Thanks!

Just Jawbone sets. Old ones that were too loose for the Jawbone.

I had them more forward, past the notches but it didn't really look any better IMO and there's more effective grip this way.

Nice to see a source for Thru bolts since I had to drill one out of a Split jacket. Sweet review

The dessert tan one's look alright. I had figured it wasn't much to it, does give someone a futuristic look.

Now if Oakley would only make the Deus Ex line of modern eye wear...

Great review. I like the aggresive style of this pair. Including the orbital screw driver is a nice addition.
When I bought my split jackets I had to go buy a T15 screw driver.

I'm sure the bolt setup is beefier for the impact protection; probably better shear strength than the Jawbone bolt. The plasticky clicky interlock systems on the Jawbone/New RJ/Radarlock probably can't stand up to full ballistics testing. My guess, anyway.

I'm sure the bolt setup is beefier for the impact protection; probably better shear strength than the Jawbone bolt. The plasticky clicky interlock systems on the Jawbone/New RJ/Radarlock probably can't stand up to full ballistics testing. My guess, anyway.

I'm thinking it has to due more with lens seating. Having a segmented/put-together frame allows for deeper profiles, to the point the lens shouldn't pop out in typical swapping practice.

I notice on mine the ends of the arms are sharp and am just waiting to poke my eye out 😂 know of anything to do to remedy this

Back