• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Si Flak Jacket

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
So just going through my vault cases and realized that my SI flak jacket came with a soft vault with no lens insert. Anyone have this same thing? All my other flak pairs came with a foam insert to put extra lenses. Is this a mistake or Is this unique to SI pairs?
asady3up.jpg
tyha9u4u.jpg

New flaks and radars are coming without the insert. Better in my opinion because now you can store other models not just the specific one

That sucks. The whole point of frames like the Flak is that the lenses swap out. The Flak case is a great place to store the frames and 3 sets of lenses.

I found the foam rubber did not always protect from hairline scratches and never used the Flak case with23 pair...although I have a feeling with Lux it may be cost cutting in this case. Good ? though for- SI it could be essential to have place for different lenses...

They could make the slots a little wider. To help from having them scrape on the foam and potentially rub dirt and debris on the lenses

Back