• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SI Flak Jackets Vs Regular

separatemass

Oakley Expert
Mississippi
Hey guys I just got another pair of flaks in today and have noticed something odd. My first pair was a standard issue pair and the pair I received yesterday is a regular polished black pair. The odd thing is with the same set up on both pair large nose pads the SI pair rides lower on my face and the regular pair sits higher and feels a little tighter both are brand new.

Is there a difference in the with of the nose bridge in the SI pair? I was lead to believe the hare exactly the same other than finish.

It's my understanding they are the same, are you sure the nose pieces are the same, that could be what is causing the difference in fit...

They are the same or were a few weeks ago...try the larger nosepads on the ones that sit lower I have thin nose bridge and always use the bigger nose bombs which give me the ideal fit I have an SI pair I put +Red into and they are same dimensions as regular but I do know O t told me the Asian fit do have a slightly different frame now-not sure abt that...

Ok don't know if you can see but here are the 2 frames on both have the larger nose pads

Polished frame:
7y5a8ape.jpg

SI frame:
ugabunav.jpg

Like I said don't know if they look different but the SI lenses ride on my checks where the polished ride higher

Do you have a set of nosepads on backwards? I do see there's a difference in the nose bridge widths, but I can't tell if it's just one pair with the nosepads making it narrower or if the frames are actually different.

In the top pic you can see the nose pads are extending into the center more. Those might be true Asian Fit and not just longer, or were revised at some point.

You could also remove the nose bombs from the polished ones and put them on the SI just to rule out the nose bombs being different. Also, when installing the nose bombs I tug them downwards after I install the top portion just so they are at the most downward position.

Back