• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SI Tombstone

damn the pair with the red details looks killer . . .
another one on my list for 2015!

I've been wondering something ever since hearing about this frame/lens setup. Oakley clear and HI lenses tend to have ghosting problems, particularly in low light and intense man made lighting conditions. I have issues with this from time to time with my M 3.0 at work where the only light is extremely bright florescent lighting with areas that are also fairly dark. I'd imagine shooters would have this issue as well and would've brought it to Oakley's attention during the design phase. Is it in the realm of possibilities that they've found ways to eliminate the ghosting? Or is that likely a limitation of the materials?

If anyone with a prism lens is able to speak on this point I'd appreciate it. The only issue I have is that for work I'm only allowed to wear clear lenses and I haven't seen a clear prism lens yet.

So what if it is a sample? It is not like it is a limited edition or anything. Plus it will be availble on S.I. site eventually.

Plus it looks like he is keeping the very cool "Tombstone" patch that should be on the case. I guess it could have gotten lost, but I am going with my first thinking.

Back