1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Sharpdub00

Sharpdub00 Oakley Beginner

Hello again everyone, thought I'd post up my new case that I happened upon by luck in a store that was closing. I had visited this store a few weeks ago and they had already sold their two double wides (one 3.0 and one silver), but I went back in to get the wife some new clothes and happened to see this tiny little display case sitting empty and all by itself on a counter top. The manager said he had just found it in the backroom and just put it out. I gave it a few more look overs, it looked vaguely familiar but a little off to me because it had a Fox Racing Authourized Dealer sticker on it. Finally I told myself, eh even if it is a Fox case, they were related for a few years in production, and it looked cool enough that the wife said she was ok with having another display case, so I slapped down my $75 and walked out a happy man.

I get it out of the store and start giving it a closer inspection. This sticker kept bugging me and when I looked closer I could tell that it was just put on there by the store by the way it was cut off, then I saw the three empty holes in the top and knew that a display sign belonged there. I began searching the forums and the interverse and all I could really find were the old silver cubes but my rivets didn't match. I pulled out the two old catalogs I have and looked in the back to see if they were listed, but they weren't so I knew it was older than 2009. Finally I was able to find a thread about a case that a member thought they would never see again and bam, there it was the cube that I had.

So without further ado and mouth watering over what I possible have....I was able to stumble upon one of those "old barn" finds of a Stretch Line Cube!

My collection is already in a 3.0 single tower, so I decided to put my old camera collection into the cube.

I'm super stoked to have this little baby, now I just need to find the plaque that goes on the front to replace the temporary Square O sticker.

Silly Sticker You Don't Go There - image.jpg

Silly Sticker You Don't Go There - image.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

Great pick up for a good price. Little bit of cleaning and slight polish and it would whip it back into shape.

3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Don't touch it! The weathering and color looks awesome!

4. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Very nice find!

5. Sharpdub00

Sharpdub00 Oakley Beginner

Definitely keeping the patina the way it is. I gave it a good rub to get excess oils off to prevent dangerous rust, but definitely won't polish it. The old cubes were to have a darker industrial look than the newer metal cubes. Plus vintage and cameras makes for a badass look, a little steampunkish with little grunge and antique.

Finding info on this cube was difficult. If anyone knows details on size/material of the stretch line logo that was on it please share, I'd like to replace it.

Nyreth likes this.
  6. xmetal40

xmetal40 Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

The patina is INTENDED to rust from what I'm told. Just an FYI.

7. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

This is awesome! Congrats on a sweet find and cool story :)

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Congratulations, that's an awesome find.

9. pennyhoney

pennyhoney Oakley Beginner

Nice one bro! For $75, that's a hell of a deal but in all honesty, the metal plaque/plate you are looking for may cost you more than what you paid for the actual stretchline cube. Anyway, PM me if you are feeling more luck is coming your way.

Sharpdub00 likes this.
  10. pennyhoney

pennyhoney Oakley Beginner

Here is a picture of the plaque. It is solid steel iron and icon is aluminum

Silly Sticker You Don't Go There - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420355691.111726.jpg